North Cyprus Tourist Board - President Derviş Eroğlu said TRNC citizenships are protected
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > President Derviş Eroğlu said TRNC citizenships are protected

President Derviş Eroğlu said TRNC citizenships are protected

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

President Derviş Eroğlu has said that TRNC citizenships granted to people were under the protection of the constitution.

“Deporting our own citizens from this country is out of the question” he said

The President also stressed that he will not approve a settlement that does not have the support of the public.

Touching upon the Cyprus negotiations process during an event yesterday, the President said that he had discussed the issue of citizenship at his last meeting with the Greek Cypriot leader Dimitris Christofias.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

He said that the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, with its government and parliament, would continue to carry out its duties until a lasting settlement was reached on the Cyprus Problem.

Explaining that any new citizenship to be granted after a solution would be according to the conditions of the new partnership state, Eroğlu said “the citizenships that we have granted to this day are under the guarantee and protection of the TRNC constitution.”

Stating that little progress has been reached at the negotiations process to this date, the TRNC President said that it was the Turkish Side’s goal to conclude the talks within a specific time frame.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Pointing out that they were working hard for a solution to the Cyprus Problem, Eroğlu said that reaching a settlement did not only depend on the Turkish Side’s efforts.

He complained that the Greek Cypriot Side was deliberately delaying the process.

President Eroğlu also expressed the hope that the UN Secretary General would impose a timetable or deadline in the negotiations process.

“What we are seeking is a lasting and viable solution to the Cyprus Problem, one that will not force the Cyprus Turkish people to migrate and which will allow them to live on the their own land in peace. A timetable is essential in achieving this” he added.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

The argument about the settlers that has been made citizens is,

RoC wants to allow 50.000,against 62.000 by our presidents demand.And.....thats just from the settlers.

More then 100.000 has been given citizenship just from Hatay,and they are not even settlers.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoots

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 23:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Eroglu's sounding pretty desperate these days. He'll just have to do what Turkey tells him about the citizenships instead of pretending he runs this place.

Zoots

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Eroglu: “the citizenships that we have granted to this day are under the guarantee and protection of the TRNC constitution."

That's exactly what they used to say about the validity of title deeds in the TRNC! They don't even bother pretending now.

Must be a few thousand deportions on the cards...

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

...and hefty compansations.....

Marion

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 01:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Don't understand message 4. But one thing I know, some of us are jealous that we can't have citizenship . perhaps if we did we might feel a little more secure. Coming here to get a sense of security in the futgure has ended up with less of it than ever. But it adds to that great sense of adventure of life as goodness knows what the future holds.

But it does seem, that much of what is being said has been said before, so we wait - and enjoy the lovelysunshine.

Groucho

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 08:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

"100.000 has been given citizenship just from Hatay"

Is this very round figure a guess? Where does this figure come from?

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

http://www.yeniduzen.com/detay.asp?a=29279&z=16

savanne

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

they grant the citizenship but do they also guarantee that all the citizens can have a proper life? i dont think so. many turkish people who were granted citizenship are hungry and jobless in TRNC right now and live like a shit. maybe the government should think of how to improve the people's welfare and reduce the life expense before granting the citizenship

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

savanne;

Your comments reminded me of what I used to get told when I was living in UK,every time I had something to complain about;

"If you don't like how it is here................................."

TRNC estate cannot even provide the mentinioned welfare for it's original citizens,let alone others that had been given a citizenship for whatever political reason/s.

"many turkish people who were granted citizenship are hungry and jobless in TRNC right now and live like a shit."

many Cypriots are also jobless because of cheap labourers from Turkey.Perhaps the Turkish government should stop pumping them here and our so called 'rich club' members should stop employing them for next to nothing.Not to forget to mention the non existing knowledge they have in whatever they may be doing as a job!

blade

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

So how comes he has deported two of his own back to the uk to answer justice and they deported Gary Robb?

Another worthless guarentee.

pollymarples

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

How come ordinary folk like us cannot even get Permission to Purchase here (for what it is worth) without a clean Scotland Yard Character reference, yet Gary Robb can get citizenship. Behind bars is where he belongs

although I can see your point blade, he is one their own and we all know why, like attracts like..

Marion, do you really want citizenship? According to reports if the Unions and Kibtek do not capitulate the country will declare itself Bankrupt by October, what price anything then.

Marion

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Yes Polly I do want citizenship because that is what I came here for. Not to take, but to feel I belong ande to be able to give as I could in U.K . I want to be able to do what all other citizens do (you know full well that we can't protest, and now we discover we can't collect money for charity in the street, and I want to be able to vote, and join organisations which are closed to me as a yabanci. It has nothing to do with its future good or bad, but I want to be part of it.

Rather strange that as the lady who married David Haye I am not allowed to be a citizen but he was given citizenship and has long been gone! If the country is bankrupt makes no difference to me. U.K is not doing very well either.

Yes, so much here stinks, but I came here to belong, and I am not now allowed to.

Zoots

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

polly,

If that's on the cards it might offer Turkey the perfect get-out clause. In which case we may have a return to an island-wide RoC with an autonomous Turkish Cypriot north until a new constitution gets sorted.

The world can't be bothered with pathetic, inward-looking Cyprus bickering when there are far bigger and more global issues going on.

pollymarples

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

How about adhering to the old constitution first. What point is there in a new one when the old one is ignored. If it were adhered to, Marion you and I would be allowed to protest, peacefully of course, and have our silent peaceful candlelit vigil. Anyone who wanted citizenship here, to take, would be sorely disappointed anyway Marion.

I agree Zoots, old Cyprus is inward looking and until they realise they a very small fish in a big pond and are prepared to accept that, there will be no progress. In many ways being small can be an advantage, everything in theory, should be more manageable.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

http://www.canadaupdates.com/content/immigrants-uk-living-get-uk-citizenship-15725.html

Britain has nearly four million immigrants, thus making the UK as the third top destination for immigrants in EU. So, the percentage of immigrants in the UK among its total population is around 7 percent. (copied and pasted from above link)

I wander what's the percentage of immigrants in TRNC!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.