North Cyprus Tourist Board - Car hire logistics - Advice please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Car hire logistics - Advice please

Car hire logistics - Advice please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Car Hire in North Cyprus

Rainbow

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hi All

Looking for some guidance. Booked to stay in Bellapais for 7 days before travelling to Ayia Napa for a wedding (doing this on our way home), Travelling to/from LCA. Accom in Bellapais provides airport transfers. We will be needing to hire car in the South for the wedding and trip back to LCA. Should I use the airport transfers both ways and then hire a car at LCA airport for last days of trip or should we ask to be dropped at border on way back from Bellapais and pick up a hire car there for onward trip to Ayia Napa?. Which border crossing is most covenient if going to Ayia Napa? Any advise gratefully received - I like to plan everything but an struggling identifying which is the best option.

Many thanks in advance

Pippie

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Just my suggestion, Ayia Napa is closer to Larnaca than it is to the border, so why spend the extra petrol? Make use of the air transfer back to LCA after your first 7 days and book a car for you to collect at the airport for the rest of your stay. Plus, if you've already got transfers, the driver (if it's a taxi picking you up) usually look after evrything for you re. papers at the crossing, you might at well sit back and relax.

If you do decide to pick up a hire car at the border, I've not done it but my feeling would be it could be more expensive than booking with a company who will have an agent there to meet you.

Hope the wedding goes well.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 06:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

cheaper back at airport or prearranged at SC hotel i would think.

The company at the top of the page are reliable and easy for you to get a price ,and for you to arrange where you wish to pick the car upfrom .

you have your dates and times so use the drop boxes for car selection and get a quote .The Hotel may also do local car hire which may save you a day ?

kav

Adonpaul

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Use the air transfer back to LCA after your first 7 days and hire a car to collect at the airport for the remaining of your stay.

http://www.xn----zhcejfadqhj4opa.ws/

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.