North Cyprus Tourist Board - More positive comments on North Cyprus property market...
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > More positive comments on North Cyprus property market...

More positive comments on North Cyprus property market...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

palace

Message Posted:
01/10/2008 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

spotted this article in Mortgage Adviser, part of the FT Group, which has some really positive comments about the NC property market.

http://www.ftadviser.com/MortgageAdviser/Mortgages/Comment/article/20081001/777ca584-895b-11dd-8874-00144f2af8e8/Look-overseas-for-golden-opportunities.jsp

Not sure if you can access from this link, if not just cut and paste into the address bar.

Regards

Stuart

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
01/10/2008 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

At last , something good said about the place

Groucho

Message Posted:
01/10/2008 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

"The last year has seen a recent upsurge in interest from British buyers. "

Really? .... To my eyes it seems to have virtually ground to a halt.. so what statistics and facts is this gem based on?

rocky

Message Posted:
01/10/2008 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I would not call the financial pink papers a reliable source of information also it looks as if the editor of that article may have a vested interest.....conflict of interest??? I dont know but he appears to be involved in a property organisation

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
01/10/2008 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Looking at all the half finished, unsold new properties I cannot see any upsurge.

With the market so slack if anyone is buying the should look at all the resales first.

PtePike

Message Posted:
01/10/2008 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

"Emerging markets, such as Turkish-controlled northern Cyprus, are growing in popularity as investors look to capitalise on excellent capital growth as reunification moves a step closer and tourism soars.

The last year has seen a recent upsurge in interest from British buyers. This looks set to continue, especially in light of the credit turmoil in the UK and in comparison to the UK property market, the Cypriot market is booming.

Average property prices in Cyprus rose by 19.2 per cent in 2007 according to the BuySell home price index, and look set to rise further in the coming years."

What a load of utter tripe. It's advertising editorial, NOT news which has to be fact-based. "Emerging market", "Upsurge in interest", "Tourism soars"? The complete opposite is the case. And note the third paragraph refers to the south.

I was looking for the April 1st dateline.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.