North Cyprus Tourist Board - ikea is open (Honest)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > ikea is open (Honest)

ikea is open (Honest)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

ttoli

Message Posted:
07/09/2007 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Went yesterday

Opening hours

MON,TUES,THURS,FRI 0900 - 2000

WEDS 0900 - 1500

SAT 0900 - 1730

SUN CLOSED

Same products, same layout as the UK, All signs in Greek, though they did receive number of complaints and will shortly be putting up signs in English(Manager that i spoke to couldn't answer me as to why signs wern't in Turkish!!).Opening end of Sept and next door is the Mall of Cyrprus- think of Bluewater;Debenhams,Next,M+S,Ann Summers etc.

Mountain Edge

Message Posted:
07/09/2007 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Can you tell me exactly where it is please?

Directions would be good.

ttoli

Message Posted:
08/09/2007 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Go past Orphanides, straıght across roundabout(with balls on!), 1st exit at next roundabout and its on the left passed the General Hospital.(Presuming that you know where Orphanides is?).

Where and when i can i do support local tradesmen, but sometimes their greed and v high import taxes exceed my wallet.

simbas

Message Posted:
08/09/2007 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Hi ttoli

I dont know where Orphanides !could you enlighten me ?by the way my villa is fully furnished using local shops.

many thanks S

ttoli

Message Posted:
08/09/2007 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Leaving Girne on the Lefkoşia Rd, Go straıght across at the roundabout, just past the hospital take a right at the mini roundabout. at the end take a left, then third exit at the next roundabout, 2nd exit at the next and your'e at the border, once across turn right follow the road around at 2nd set of lights turn rıght(Coca Cola plant), 2nd exit at next roundabout, follow rd until you see a large pinkish Church to your Left, take the next left and stay on that Road, straıght over 2 oundabouts and Orphanides (Think of Asda)is on the right.

Relly quite straıght forwrd.

IsOglu

Message Posted:
16/09/2007 02:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

don't buy from the GC's you will only be encouraging them - anyway buying from Ikea in C is like ordering egg and chips in a proper turkish restaurant - get real!

davidoff

Message Posted:
16/09/2007 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Hi all,

But will you be able to go from north to south load up a van after a big ikea shopping trip and cross the border with the goods???

As wont the Gs search you and confiscate anything or make your life complicated and hell at the border crossing or not???

See ya D

ttoli

Message Posted:
16/09/2007 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Davidoff

As long as you don't exceed your 135 EURO allowance you're okay, as for the GC making your life hell?, they have only targeted people stupid enough to carry their title deeds across the border or anything pertaing to property ownership in the North, can honestly say that i've never had any problems, did search a friends suitcase in the boot once, guess it depends on the Official that you get on the day.

Isoglu

Some things are not available on our side to the same quality/price/safety standards that are available over there.

alanka

Message Posted:
19/09/2007 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

I'm not that thrilled with Ikea, first visit, (In the UK) bought this and that - oh, so cheap!! I really needed this and that, do you know where the this and that are now, well, most still in the Ikea bag - some of the 'stainless steel' corner shelves (that I decided I could not possibly live without) rusting...

What I like about my home in the TRNC is that I have none of the 'ornaments', or as I prefer to think of them 'ugly dust gatherers' at all. You realise you didn't really need that piece of china (never bought, got given at Christmas etc) or the latest what-not. Plain and simple means a less stressful life, and less dusting, which I have never been fond of.....

Susie

Message Posted:
20/09/2007 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Alanka - i've just returned home to my cluttered house in UK and feel like you! I don't miss all that stuff when i'm in TRNC and the space and airy feeling is lovely! I too walk round IKEA (In UK) and buy things i really could live without!

I bought the necesssities in TRNC and was very pleased with everything. I even managed without a mirror (other than in the bathroom) for the first four visits (9 weeks!). So hot no point in blowdrying hair anyway!

..sorry chaps, have gone a bit 'girly' with this comment!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.