North Cyprus Tourist Board - The health benefits and advantages to meditation
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > The health benefits and advantages to meditation

The health benefits and advantages to meditation

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Handan

Message Posted:
24/03/2011 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

There are so many advantages to meditation. Doing what i do naturally i meet a lot of wonderful people with health issues, so here is a big something we can all do to help increase our own healing and it does not cost a penny. For all the sceptics, meditation does not mean you have to be spiritual to participate. A definitive list of benefits that meditation can provide you with:

Physiological benefits:

1- It lowers oxygen consumption.

2- It decreases respiratory rate.

3- It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.

4- Increases exercise tolerance.

5- Leads to a deeper level of physical relaxation.

6- Good for people with high blood pressure.

7- Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.

8- Decreases muscle tension

9- Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc.

10- Reduces Pre-menstrual Syndrome symptoms.

11- Helps in post-operative healing.

12- Enhances the immune system.

13- Reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress

Handan

Message Posted:
24/03/2011 10:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

sorry ran out of space however there are also so many other benefits to our over all well being and after a while it will make you feel great!!!!

Pogle

Message Posted:
24/03/2011 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Handan

Will you be holding classes or 1:1? sounds great. Please email me details:melaniepartington@hotmail.com

Handan

Message Posted:
24/03/2011 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

i intend to Pogle thank you for your response and in order for as many people as possible to participate would like to keep the price as low as possible as it really is so beneficial in so many ways, so i just want to see who would be interested before choosing venues etc and times , i will email you separetly pogle re the 1;1 etc again thank for your input and have a lovely day

Whistler

Message Posted:
24/03/2011 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Handan. I would be interested.

Ailletoo

Message Posted:
24/03/2011 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Handan, I too would be interested in trying. Have tried before but found it difficult to clear the mind.

Handan

Message Posted:
24/03/2011 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

ok thank you re message 5 and 6 i will confirm when workshop is set up , Roma i will do different variations so people can choose what suits them best there are many ways to meditate, and there are ways to focus the mind from wondering off these are all things we will work on in the workshops and thank you all for registering your interest if you could let me have your email addresss or email them to me at handan@guidedsouls.co.uk i can email you when i have set the venue and times. Out of interest what would interest more people a venue in Girne or in Alsancak?

Handan

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 10:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

back to the top

mamachina

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Handan - didnt you get my last e mail? But apart from that, if you do meditation classes here (Alsancak) Id be interested as long as I didnt have to sit on the floor with my legs crossed in lotus!!!!!!! Hahah

johnerebus

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Yes the benefits of meditation are many and valuable. Another benefit is that it units the left and right brain hemispheres of our brains. Briefly the right hemisphere is for spacial creative thinking and the left sequential and logical. For any budding artists, 'Drawing on the Right Hand Side of the Brain' is an excellent book that gets us really 'seeing' not just looking and I promise you'll be astounded with your latent artistic talent if you use it.

I've been meditation for more than 30 years, a couple of times on retreats doing two weeks in silence, up at six, no food after 12.00 noon etc. and coming out with fully recharged batteries.

I use it sometimes now with my coaching clients and used it with performing arts students who invariably fell asleep, snored and made the others who weren't sleeping giggle.

Meditation is also an excellent tool for stopping the tape loop machine in our heads. But being in the TRNC and soooo relaxed there you probably don't need it for that. John

Handan

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Te he Hi Ann re messeage 9 no i did not get the message! must be lost in cyberspace somewhere , dont worry you can sit comfortably with a large pillow under the Derier , its important you are confy lovely lady

Handan

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

HI John thank you for your input re message 10 nice to meet a fellow life coach and here in Cyprus! be nice to meet you at some stage and chat , hope life is well for you in cyprus.

Yes John your right meditation is now used by the great many to calm the whirling world around them and us sure you will agree nothing quite beats the feeling you get after take care

johnerebus

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Handan, Yes I use it when on train journeys and / or travelling and so practised I now just need 5 minutes to calm and bring myself to myself. You'll know what I mean by that. My meditation practices are: Path of Purification and Mindefullness of Breathing, both originating from Buddhism and both powerful, and yours...?

You're also a life coach? I'll be in the TRNC at Easter (Esentepe) and it will be great to meet you.

I wish you well. John

PS For others reading this Buddhism is not a religion as there is no Deity and no, 'Thou shall not'.

Handan

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

I incorporate mine in to daily life now John as essential as my breakfast !!i use various meditations depending on what i am doing through my work as a healer and whats required through the day for each person. however more recently have come across twin hearts which is beautiful and really livens and strengthens the heart not to mention increase energy levels hugely, aiding self perpetuating healing for all those that undertake it , of mind and body greatly.

I live in Karaagac , Essentepe funnily enough ....so please let me know when you are here.

Life coaching was my stepping stones (big ones) what a beautiful empowering tool it is, love the way it brings out the best in all that partakes and helps them realise their dreams and full potential , what rewarding work for you. Hope its taken off in the Uk now it was very much at first blossom when i undertook my training in the uk. Wishing you well too have a lovely day

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.