North Cyprus Tourist Board - Thank you North Cyprus and The Turkish People.
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Thank you North Cyprus and The Turkish People.

Thank you North Cyprus and The Turkish People.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

wynyardman

Message Posted:
03/10/2008 09:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Hi all,

Well here we are back in the UK. Rain ,wind, Diesel @ 2.90 YTL a litre. Got in , put the central heating on @ 500 YTL plus per month. Electricity @ 180 YTL per month.......Thank heaven it is not winter yet!.........just thought I would remind you ex pats out there, what things cost here...and oh! Poll Tax @ 500 plus YTL per month.

We had a wonderful holiday thank you, with special thanks for the hospitality to Graham and Cathy (hope the backs better) Greg and Margaret, Carl and Angie. Glenn and Sue, Bill and Linda, Steve, Taylan Jeff and Janet, not to mention the staff at The Ship. Our thoughts were with Wackyjim and his good lady, who were unable to meet, because of difficult domestic

issues. We hope that you are bearing up! Next time maybe.

Special appologies to Lilli and Guido at your Bistro. As promised we came down for dinner Tuesday night only to find that you were closed. It was nice however to note your respect for the sensibilities of your staff during what is a most important holiday for them. Lilli I will usually travel anywhere for a free drink, so thanks for the offer, but next time, I promise.

Certainly your reputation for excellent fare is growing rapidly! Well done!

We had a wonderful social meeting, and I can only appologise for the antics of The Lady Wyn, Dancing is OK but pole dancing was disgraceful. I had only turned my back for five minutes, and she had leapt from her zimmer frame, onto the flagpole outside of The Ship.

There she was whizzing round 6 metres in the air, leaving little to the imagination. The Chef

finally persuaded her to come down (with some raw offal) and she was carted away. I am

only grateful it was not a full moon.

Her actions seemed to sit comfortably within a backdrop of an illuminated mock Tudor residence!!

She has now been repatriated to her secure cell at the twilight home, bless her. They have rewired her stainless steel bedpan directly into the electric fence, the call it ECT, but that with her medication seems to do the job. Its so sad to leave her with tears in her eye, but I

slipped on her mink lined, electrically heated slippers, before I left (they quite suit me actually)

Despite several visits to The Esentepe Villa Hotel, were were disappointed not to have met more of the locals, as this will be our watering hole, when we take over our villa, but we were very grateful for the hospitality of Glenn and Sue. There seems to be a pool of good humour with the locals around Esentepe (noted from postings on this board) and we are anxious to participate. Rogerdoger and Simma, must make it a date, the next time.

We are now in business for CCTV well inspection, for anyone with problems. Anyone interested can either contact me on board or Steve McGliness c/o The Stumble Inn.

We intend to introduce a CCTV product during November. This is stunning technology, low cost, easy to fit, and is ideal for villa/apartment owners that leave there properties for periods when they are unoccupied. The operate on movement, and photograph and record,

and they will tell you when anyone enters your property, what they do, and how many times that your premises are visited. We hope to market these through Glencoe Property Management. Anyone interested can contact Greg or myself off board. These should sell in the lower £200 per unit, but a final price will be released once import duties etc have been finalised. DEMONSTRATION SAMPLES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL MID NOVEMBER.

Finally I would like to comment on The Turkish people that we observed over the Bayram holiday. Rarely have I seen children better turned out, and well behaved. (two little girls we saw, must have sat for hours, whilst their mother did there hair) Later with their parents going out for dinner with their enlarged families. It was wonderful to see and many of us have much to lea

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
03/10/2008 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Welcome back wyn. I enjoyed reading your post and I'm glad you had a good holiday. Shame about Lady Wyn though........aaaah bless!

hattikins

Message Posted:
03/10/2008 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Good to have you back Wyn, glad you had a good time and that the other half enjoyed the change of scenery.

We are off to Lapta next week so hopefully you have left a bit of sunshine for us, can,t wait !!!!

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
03/10/2008 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Wyn

'Finally I would like to comment on The Turkish people that we observed over the Bayram holiday. Rarely have I seen children better turned out, and well behaved. (two little girls we saw, must have sat for hours, whilst their mother did there hair) Later with their parents going out for dinner with their enlarged families. It was wonderful to see and many of us have much to learn of their love and respect for a close family life.'

Absolutely, the kids out here are bright eyed, happy, friendly and confident. They play in the streets and go on errands to the local shops without any problems. This love of family life has disappeared from UK although it still exist's to a certain extent in other countries like France and Italy so why has it all gone wrong in the UK?

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
03/10/2008 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Wyn,

Glad you had a good time, shame about the Lady Wyn, you should have taken her favorite jacket with you, you know the one, theone that does up at the back with straps lol!

We are heading out at the end of October for a week, If you contact me off line with more infomation on the CCTV system that you mentioned I would seriouly be intrested in it.

Glad you had a good time, Regards to Mrs Wyn!

RD

newlad

Message Posted:
03/10/2008 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Wyn,

Great post mate could do with the laugh the week that i have had.Sorry i couldnt make it, bloody work.There will be other times.We wont be far from you in Esentepe,

Paul.

simbas

Message Posted:
03/10/2008 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

hi wyn , happy to hear you had a great holiday , sad to hear that the lady wyn let you down again , how you can put yourself through all that trauma time and time again , just to give your poor lady a change of scenary , it is an inspiration to us all , your devotion goes above and beyond the vow " in sickness and in health " god you must have the patience of job , being her power of attorney must help though , we are off to nc on monday , so hopefully things will have calmed down a bit by then , and they will start to re-open after they heard that you and the lady wyn have left the country , my thoughts go with you wyn ,

kind regards , simbas

wynyardman

Message Posted:
03/10/2008 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Paul,

Let me tell you, you had a close shave mate. That Greg and Jock !. Be careful. Short arms Paul, and deep pockets those two. That Wackyjim also.......have you heard how he tries to take advantage of our Simbas. She did right, to go to the other side of the Island!

Donkey floggers mate, donkey floggers!

You can trust me Paul, I used to be a salesman! Catch you next time!

Yours mate,

wyn

wynyardman

Message Posted:
03/10/2008 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Simbas Hi,

Thank you for your words of kindness. You are so sweet!

I have no wish to be pedantic but..."in sickness and in health" There has been no health Simbas. Since she drooled her vows, it has been downhill. Every night I returned from a hard day at work, I was greeted with,........... your dinners in the dog! Dont even mention me conjugals. You ask Jock 1. He will tell you. He looked her straight in the eye, and she looked right past him. He told me it sent him cold!

Well Simbas she is happy now. throwing her slippers at the electric fence. She loves the sparks. Ah bless!

God bless you simbas, you are very sweet! Watch wackyjim........cant be trusted. He will use you and sell you into slavery. Him and that Jock1. Bad news simbas, bad news!

wyn

simma

Message Posted:
04/10/2008 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Hi John, glad to hear you had a nice time in trnc. I hope in the not to distant future we can meet up when our villas are totally complete and have relaxing drink with a bit of banter mate. I'll contact you about the cctv, I wish we had it installed DURING the build!!!!!

John and Kelsey.

glencoe

Message Posted:
05/10/2008 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Wyn and Lady Wyn, glad to hear you got back in one piece, although Gawd knows how??

Let me tell the board- when we left him and the lady Wyn at the China garden the other evening they were fighting like cat and dog over who was going to take the ass back to the ship, well the last we saw was the good lady dragging the bold Wyn (who obviously won the fight to see who was getting on the ass) by the ass across the road heading in the general direction of said Ship, but such was the weight of his bulging wallet it was hanging below the ass and was making sparks on the roadway, proves a point that it is well fortified- it's better protected than Fort Knox - at least some people can get in to fort knox !!!!

Good to see you again and hope it is not tooo long before Lady Wyn gets another training for freedom break, we will be there as will be Jock1 and I hope when things are aw richt Wacky Jim will join us.

Looking forward to working with you on the cctv project

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
05/10/2008 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Glad you enjoyed your hols in our wonderful little country. There have been times recently when I wanted to take an iron bar to certain people involved with our build but otherwise would never change.

As for your comments re children, perhaps some parents from the UK could learn a few things. Still playing the simple innocent games we used to play as kids, we were amazed one day seeing the neighbours outside playing hop-scotch and tag. Plus you see the ankle biters roaming around just having fun.

david123

Message Posted:
05/10/2008 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Wyn and Greg,

hope all goes well with cctv project, also Greg did you get the pictures of new born.

David

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.