North Cyprus Tourist Board - Club Simena and Hotel Manolya ~ Family Holiday Recommendations Pls
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Club Simena and Hotel Manolya ~ Family Holiday Recommendations Pls

Club Simena and Hotel Manolya ~ Family Holiday Recommendations Pls

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

Trulymadly

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 00:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Hi, can anyone tell me where each of the above hotels are in relation to Alsancak (specifically Riverside/Park Lane area)? I/my family know Alsancak. Think these hotels are further out to the west?

We are looking for somewhere that is not 'too far out and away from everything'. I am concerned that these hotels might be. I am also looking to cater for a family group aged 11 (very active loves a swimming pool with a waterslide etc) to a 70 something with impaired mobility (who likes to lie in the sun by a pool for a while and then needs to retreat indoors!) Throw into the mix a harrassed single mum and very stressed hardly ever see each other sister and brother in law and you might appreciate why I'm struggling to come up with the ideal location! We had thought of hiring a villa but I'm conscious that my son would have a better time with other children around. We are looking to come out at the end of May/early June

Any thoughts very gratefully received!

JoAnne

spider

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Club Simina have the pool slides..and would be great for you 11yr old and I also think it would be fine for your 70 it he can cope with stairs to the reception bar are. But the rooms are all around the pool and he can leave the hotel by the side ground level..so should be fine. Not sure if other holidays makers would be about then. Is it school holidays if so then yes.

Spider,X

Trulymadly

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 01:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks Spider.

Is there much in the way of restaurants etc near Club Simina? I'll probably be the one doing most of the driving. It would be good not to have to drive everywhere ~ especially as I'll need to hire a 7 seater something rather than the little car I whizz around in at home! Don't necesssarily want to spend all my week driving backwards and forwards to Kyrenia Harbour to parents favourite (to date) restaurants

J x

cyprusharv

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

I wouldn't recommend Club Simena. The owner is a smarmy womaniser and also owner of the brothel next door (ie human trafficer), "Mon Amour".

You have been warned!

Dolly.2

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Hi, we can recommend the Mountain View Hotel. It does not have slides, but has a great size swimming

pool, lovely gardens, pool table and ping pong table and if the 11 year old likes fishing the sea edge is just

a few minutes walk. Lovely and relaxing for the 70 year old, the hotel has a life or alternatively she could

have one of the villas on the ground floor, has a very large balcony and it is so relaxing. Lots of restaurants

not to far away. Please give Sue a call on mobile 0533 8485115 or call hotel on 0392 822 3453,

Trulymadly

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks Cyprusharv, things might be more active in that part of the world than we were hoping for!

Thanks Dolly.2 for the Mountain View Hotel recommendation.

Additional thoughts please!

Lilli

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Have you tried Almond Village. Its a lovely family run hotel with villas . Not as far down than the other two you mentioned. Not sure it has a slide though. Check out their web page. x

Trulymadly

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks Lilli, I will do. I know that Almond Village always rates highly on Trip Advisor. x

spider

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

So sorry I thought you wanted recommendations out of the two you mentioned..But yes I have to agree with Lilli The Almonds is a wonderful place,we stayed there when we first came over. Ali and Dervisher make you feel very welcome its a great place and I would highly recommend it.

Spider,X

ray.johnson1

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

We also would strongly recommend the Almond Village, lovely family run place and convenient for lots of great eating establishments, give it a try, you will not regret it.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Would also highly recommend The Almonds. However, I would say that perhaps there may not be too many kids for your 11-year-old to mix with.

Having said that, I haven't been during the summer holidays for many years, so I could well be wrong

Other than that, a lovely place and well situated, as has already been said.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.