North Cyprus Tourist Board - NEW building for help those with cancer association
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > NEW building for help those with cancer association

NEW building for help those with cancer association

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

The new central building of the Help Those with Cancer Association was inaugurated today, with initiatives taken by First Lady Meral Eroğlu and her daughter Haslet Eroğlu who suffers from MS disease. An old house owned by the Evkaf Foundation was restored with financial contributions from the Association itself, the Lefkoşa

Turkish Municipality, The Cyprus Turkish Security Forces Command, the Civil Defence Organziation and the Turkish Embassy in Lefkoşa.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Speaking during the inauguration, the Association’s President Raziye Kocaismail reminded that Cancer Week starts this Friday on the 1st of April. She thanked all who provided their support to the restoration of the building.

Also speaking, the Mayor of Lefkoşa Cemal Bulutoğluları said his Municipality will continue to provide financial and moral support to people receiving cancer treatment.

Haslet Eroğlu for her part said she was happy to take part in such an initiative

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Finally speaking, First Lady Meral Eroğlu stressed the need for the government to allocate more funds from the state budget for cancer research.

She also reaffirmed her continuous support to the efforts of the Association which aims at offering financial, moral and social support to people suffering from cancer

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

They certainly needed to expand their premises due to, unfortunately, the association outgrowing their original premises as the number of people now walking through their doors every week has now increased to and incredible 15 new cancer patients looking for help weekly both from the expat and local community, a frightening figure.

Luckily Raziye managed to get most of the donations for services for free from cancer patients and their families and friends also local businesses.

I wish her well and we will continue to support her in all her efforts as will many of the people she has helped.

Thankyou No 1 for writing about this.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

scoobydoo....."15 new cancer patients looking for help week"

WOW. Thats a frightening figure given the size of the place.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
30/03/2011 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

No 1, sorry for the late response and these figures are absolutely true for this year.

1 in 3 women have breast cancer in trnc

2nd highest cancer is prostrate in trnc

I had to help do a presentation for this charity to some children and Raziye Kocaismail who founded this charity gave me some info to help and when this figure came up I was truly shocked.

These are both locals and expats who are seeking guidance/financial assistance.

The big question is what causes it?

Is there something in the air, our food or our drink? No-one seems to know for definite but alot of things can be done to help prevent it developing.

Figures are frighteningly high in UK as well, I think it is getting close to everyone knowing someone who has this disease or is recovering from it.

The important thing is to go for health checks such as the one's Nurseawful has been organising as MOST CANCERS ARE CURABLE IF CAUGHT EARLY!

I am living proof of this after attending one of these.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
30/03/2011 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Yes. I have three friends whose wives have all had Breast cancer in the last 18 months.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
30/03/2011 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Bill,

I don't know you or your 3 friends but my fingers are all crossed for them.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
30/03/2011 21:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

scoobydoo. 1 is having chemotherapy and the other two have had mastectomy's. The three of them are very brave and are fighting it full on.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
31/03/2011 08:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

It's not easy Bill, but I think some of the battle is to keep positive. It's very hard but that is my mechanism for coping with everything that is a happening to me and chemotherapy can effect people in varying degrees, I had no idea how much it would knock out of me (which is very little to how I see some people so I consider myself lucky).

Another very important thing is to have good friends around for support, sometimes it is easier for cancer patients to say 'no thank you' to any help because they have always been independent before the cancer but as I have learnt as my treatment progressed, it is best to say yes.

I am thinking of you and your friends.

Sue

Marion

Message Posted:
31/03/2011 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Where is the new building, please! Not sure I have read where it is here, other than Ev kaf have been inv olved. an address please, someone. Thanks.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.