North Cyprus Tourist Board - Insurance / car hireborder crossing and hello!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Insurance / car hireborder crossing and hello!!

Insurance / car hireborder crossing and hello!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Car Hire in North Cyprus

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

» See North Cyprus Insurance Related Threads posted so far

» Read Information about North Cyprus Property Insurance

Manutd1

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 00:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi All,

Am new here so hello all!! Also this had prob been asked 100 time already so appoligies if i am making you repeat!

My family has recently brought an apartment in North Cyprus which i will be visiting on April. I know its possible to hire a car from in Southern Cyprus and take it north. However i was wondering if anyone can recommend hire companies to use?

I want to pick the car up from/drop off from Larnaca airport. However out flight doesnt arrive until late so recon the insurance booths will be shut at the boarders. Therefore does anyone know how i can pre arrange getting the insurance or a hire company that will sort this out for me?

Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks in advance

janjin

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Chris, Welcome to the board.

Theres loads of info if you do a search, I'm not being short with you but it would be worded better than I could describe to you.

Hire companies do packages with transfers if that helps, again do a search (at the top of the page) and see who people recommend, etc.

Good luck

jj

irena

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 08:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Hello Chris,

I believe it is better to hire a car in North as most of the hiring companies offer transfer from Larnaka airport (we always use Pacific car rentals). If you hire a car from South you have to get insurance at the borders (I do not believe any rental company would arrange it for you) and as you mentioned - insurance office shuts at 9pm so you you can not get the insurance late night. You also should be aware that not all of the southern car rentals companies allow its customers to take their car to North (big rental companies usually do, but you should ask them first). And the last think - the car hired in South never has got fully comp insurance in North (you only buy third party liability at the borders).

Hoylemiller

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Fontana, 84 Euros per week D1 group car + full tank of petrol inclusive. Pick up from Larnaca airport, one months insurance at the border 35 Euros for two drivers.

http://www.cyprus-car.com

Dreamydiver

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi We have used Andys Motors - havent got number at hand but google and they appear. They sell cars so look at web page for the link to the hire car part.

You get a quick (and VERY good )quote, pay 20% deposit via a quick call (Georgina speaks very good English) scan driving licence to them and bobs your uncle! Final amount pay the day before you arrive.

When you arrive they text you details of which row to locate car (and other details, insurance paperwork to supplement the border insurance fee of 23e, copies of what they have already emailed to you).

We have arrive at the main (?) crossing after 9.30pm and didnt have problems ... queued once at the insurance booth and that was it....very uneventftul.

We have found car hire in the North great but the £50 each way taxi service from airport to villa where car awaits is nicer to spend on other things!

sludge

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

hi chris best way is simply hire a car from pacific car hire in north they will arrange pick up at larnaca airport and take you via taxi .to pacific car rentals to pick up hire car. dosnt matter what time you get to pacific always somebody there. £35 each way

Stewart

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Hi for hiring cars in the south to take north, I always use Maria Torus 0035722770343 ( picking one up tomorrow )

Manutd1

Message Posted:
30/03/2011 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies appriciate it. Few things to look into so thanks. My dad has actually gone out this week but has got someone picking him up at the airport taking him to the north where he is hiring a car. They are very good but i believe its £50 each way from the airport so my thoughts were to try erase this cost by hireing a car from the airport itself.

Thanks again

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.