North Cyprus Tourist Board - Does anybody know a really good divorce lawyer please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Does anybody know a really good divorce lawyer please

Does anybody know a really good divorce lawyer please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Lilli

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 20:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

My friend really needs to get out of a really bad realionship . does not have a lot of money but does have property. Can anyone here tell us please if she can manage to get a divorce here, She is british. Will it stand In UK. What would he be entitled to please x

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

My god Lilli, when I read the Topic, I thought you'd caught Guido playing away, (then I realised no one would have him).

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

My solicitor is Izzie Okray tel 0392 815 7989 and he was a real help in my divorce. I was told the divorce did not hold up in England, yet my ex-husband has got re-married in England without me signing anything, so who knows !!!!

authentichoccie

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Lilli, I asked Naomi Mehmet if I divorced here would it be legal in the UK and she replied that it would if both parties were resident here in the TRNC. Unfortunately I don't have the email I received any more or I could have told you exactly what she said. I do remember the cost of a divorce here is about £1250! Which is the reason I haven't done it yet!!!

authentichoccie

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

I found this advice on the lincguide website, its same as what Naomi advised me.

Under the family laws in the TRNC, in order to divorce here, the party petitioning for divorce must be resident in the TRNC. As you are resident here, you would be entitled to petition for divorce – irrespective of where you were married.

Where the divorce is conducted as an agreed divorce, the proceedings can be concluded within a month. Both parties will need to be present at the hearing to give evidence.

Under UK law, in general, divorces which are concluded abroad are recognised as valid provided that the divorce was obtained through judicial proceedings in accordance with the local law.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.