North Cyprus Tourist Board - FM Ozgurgun says turkish side will never give up on its rights
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > FM Ozgurgun says turkish side will never give up on its rights

FM Ozgurgun says turkish side will never give up on its rights

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
31/03/2011 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

A delegation consisting of members from the Kastamonu Martyr Families Social Aide and Solidarity Associations, Cyprus Veterans, the Chamber of Trade and Industry and the Rotary Club paid a visit to Foreign Minister Hüseyin Özgürgün.

Speaking during the visit Mr. Özgürgün said that the Cyprus Turkish side will continue with the Cyprus negotiations process on the firmest basis and will never give up on its rights.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
31/03/2011 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Explaining that 1974 was a turning point for Cyprus Turkish people as all the problems disappeared with the Turkish peace operation in Cyprus, Mr. Özgürgün said the Cyprus Turkish people give great importance to the Turkish Armed Forces.

‘The Greek Cypriots are not giving up on their aspirations of uniting the island with Greece and do not support a solution being found to the Cyprus problem’ said Özgürgün adding that “the atrocities committed against the Cyprus Turkish people will not be forgotten and we will continue to struggle on the strongest basis possible”.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
31/03/2011 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

‘The Cyprus Turkish people will try and turn the peace that was brought to the island by the Turkish Armed Forces into a solution to the Cyprus problem and will do everything in its power to make this possible’ said the Foreign Minister.

Explaining that the government was doing all it could to explain to the world that the Cyprus Turkish people posses the same equal political power as the Greek Cypriot side, Mr. Özgürgun said the TRNC posses a democracy that could be an example to the world adding that ‘we will continue our struggle in a democratic way’.

andre514

Message Posted:
31/03/2011 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

phew!

if I was one of them greek cypriots I would probably hanker for enosis, no kidding

you can see how it would make then feel safe and secure on "their" island

from the other side, and this is a game of two halves, that would look like a very poor deal,

since cypriot turks could then only live in cyprus on sufferance

but there is a supposed third dimension to all this:

relations between new cypriot turks and those with ancestry on the island

...how much can be made of any tensions and complaints I do not know,

and it would be presumptive for me to throw in my hap'th worth

but one thing I can say with great certainty:

when I overhear greek cypriots refer blithely to "our turkish cypriots"

I start to feel quite nauseous, and in desperate need of an xl size sickbag

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.