North Cyprus Tourist Board - The story of the lost cat and the 4.2m Sky TV dish
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > The story of the lost cat and the 4.2m Sky TV dish

The story of the lost cat and the 4.2m Sky TV dish

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 04:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

The story of the lost cat and the 4.2m Sky dish.

On Thursday, a friend and customer (one-in-the-same) visited our home to pay for his internet connection. He's a good talker so, he and Gwyn spent a while talking before he left for home.

Unfortunately, he had left the window of his car open and Tiddles (one of our cats - little treasure) was lying on the back seat of his car but intially, he didn't notice her.

Off he went down the road until eventually, he noticed the cat but, little Tiddles was very much like his own cat so, he thought it was his own. He made sure the windows were up and carried on his way.

When he arrived home and spoke to his neighbour who was outside because she had someone on the roof who was trying to fix her 4.2m Sky TV dish, she confirmed that his cat was at home and that therefore, the cat in the car wasn't in fact his.

He opened his car door to check her out and off she shot ! He then realised what had happened and

cont../

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 04:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

He opened his car door to check her out and off she shot ! He then realised what had happened and telephoned Gwyn immediately to let her know what had happened.

Gwyn was frantic and jumped in the car, just then, Paul and Dan arrived home and when they found out what had happened, all three of them went up in two separate cars to look for little Tiddles.

When they arrived, they parked up and Gwyn, Dan and Paul went off to look for their little treasure. Eventually, Gwyn heard her crying but, Tiddles wouldn't come to her because she was very frightened.

Paul approached her and she ran off into the next road and through a garden into another garden. Paul caught up with her and managed to grab her, she was very scared and trying to escape. Paul shouted for Gwyn to bring the car round whilst he held little Tiddles on a wall.

They managed to get Tiddles into the car and Paul and Gwyn left for home with a very distraught little cat.

cont../

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 04:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Dan returned to the car and just as he was about to start it, the lady who was having the 4.2m Sky dish installed, tapped on his window and asked whether he could help as they were having no luck in fixing the problem.

Dan agreed to have a look - this is going on for too long and anyway, what happened next is documented in another thread:

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/59728.asp - Sky TV Problem CODE 29

All's well that end's well

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 04:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

"who was having the 4.2m Sky dish installed," should read, who was having the 4.2m Sky dish 'fixed',

Deniz1

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 08:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

I am a friend of the guy who catknapped Tiddles it was just so funny when he told me. But i am glad you got her back, my cat looks like his cat Monty too their dad must have had a bike.

islandgirl

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

I think you are now startling to make yourself look silly.

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

A sceptic might think that it was all a ploy to get Dan and me there to fix the 4.2m Sky dish, but I know 'our' mutual friend better than that - ;)

I am just glad that it was this person that accidentally took Tiddles because I know that he will have done everything to keep her in the car and get her back to his house.

Anyway, Tiddles enjoyed her little adventure - I think ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Can you imagine two grown men chasing a cat round peopl'e gardens shouting "Tiddles" "Tiddles"

The residents must have thought we were drunk !

Silly ? - most definitely !

With the price of pet food here, I don't know an animal lover that isn't silly !

gooligan

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

As the topic that washerman posted a link to got closed before anyone had answered michelle's question,the answer is for ITV1 HD 10832 H 22000 5/6

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

It must be a bind for you to keepanswering the same questions for people so, a 'big' thank you for your help on this occasion, I am sure that everyone appreciates it.

By the way, to all those people with Sky TV in Cyprus - the best source of information (by far) for help with your Sky TV reception, Sky receiver settings, trouble shooting and problem solving is:

http://helpforum.sky.com/ - there are experts answering questions on there and it's available 24 hours a day and most of the problems that you might experience have already been experienced by someone else - all you have to do is search the previous posts.

It really is very good - a lot of industry experts use it as a source for their information.

Don't forget though, as 'none' of the satellite TV companies 'anywhere' in the World buy 'exclusive' rights to the programs and sports that they show - they are only allowed to have customers in their own areas - Sky is no different so, hide your IP address before

cont../

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 10:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

you visit the help forum so, that they don't know that you are in Cyprus, because they are not allowed to have customers here.

Washerman

gooligan

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

No Washerman,it isn't a bind at all,that's what the forum is for,helping other folk out and not as a self serving promotional platform.

As for msg 11,you know all that is about to change,it has been pointed out to you many times,just in case you missed it the other times...... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12355022

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

We will all have to wait and see, but who knows, maybe in the future, people will be able to get Sky on my cheap little dishes too.

There's one thing for sure though. If I were a customer who is contemplating fitting Sky - I wouldn't do it yet, I'd wait for the decision. I wouldn't want to waste £2,000 to £3,000 for something that I may be able to get in the not too distant future for a couple of hundred quid !

BYW - Here are two far better resources from an 'industry expert'

http://www.danielgeey.com/UserFiles/WSLRsept10geey.pdf

http://www.danielgeey.com/UserFiles/WSLRoct10geey.pdf

From my point of view it's a win win situation so once again, I thank you for mentioning it

michelle3012

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 11:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Washerman

Yes it was a funny afternoon, but your friend was convinced it was his cat he had taken out for the afternoon in his car...it was only when i said that his cat had been sat on my chair only 5 mins earlier....that was when he realised!!!!

Can you thank Dan for me.

Gooligan

Thanks all working again now

You have all been fab. xx

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Thank you Michelle - I will pass on your thanks to Dan.

I'm sorry that I couldn't hang on to help Dan, but little "Tiddles" was frightened and had her claws out so, I had to get her into the car quick !

Glad that Dan was able to help you get your Sky TV signal sorted out. He's as pleased a punch with the little gift of thanks that your neighbour gave to him.

All's well that ends well !

Deniz1

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

your friend and my neighbor is not having a good week yesterday his oil cap broke and engine oil came flooding out so he has more problems.

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Deniz1, was this after we left ?

Deniz1

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

the next morning he was going to the bank because he couldnt go on cat nap day

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.