North Cyprus Tourist Board - Can you use walk over crossings for Makarios Avenue?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Can you use walk over crossings for Makarios Avenue?

Can you use walk over crossings for Makarios Avenue?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

ozankoys

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 07:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi we are going to somewhere near the big Debenhams on the crossroads at the bottom of Makarios Avenue is it possible to use one of the walk over crossings & walk there or is it too far?

Have driven over lots of times but have not explored far when walking over so cannot join the two areas up in my head!

islandgirl

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

You can go over at Lokmanci to Ledra Street but it is a bit if a trek, there is always the Ledra St Debenhams?

Struben

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hello Ozankoys,

Yes you can walk over - did it this week. At the end of the walkthough - carry straight over, it is a bit of a walk. Failing that the Taxis are parked there, so I don't think it is that expensive. Used them once to go to the

Embassy and cost 5 Euros - okay that was about 18 months ago. Probably more now.

Hope you find it okay.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Not too far at all, I have done the walk to where you are going several times. Lokmaci into Ledra Street, straight over at the traffic lights, left at the next set of lights and you are in Makarios Ave with M&S and Debenhams on the RHS.

ozankoys

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

OK thanks for the help & directions will try to walk if the weather is nice!

Marion

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

I repeat all the advice you have been given. enjoy. If it is raining then get a taxi. if it is pleasant you will enjoy the walk seeing bits of Lefkosia not seen by you before. Cross over the bridge into the 'new city' and try to get a picture of how it all was.

I have done it lots of times both ways and in my view is FAR easier than taking the car with all the costs involved.

enjoy!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.