North Cyprus Tourist Board - A friend of mine has chosen North Cyprus to live there and work
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > A friend of mine has chosen North Cyprus to live there and work

A friend of mine has chosen North Cyprus to live there and work

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

lamzz

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

he is 54 , lebanese, with 34 years experience in accounting and finance , consulted for many companies in different industries mainly, printed media, and successfully managed boutique publishing houses.

fluent in english, arabic , and french written and spoken.excellent communication skills , well travelled etc. etc.Do you think , he is eligible for a position in north cyprus with standard international remuneration package?

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

So sorry to tell you In a word NO he will not get a standard international package here maybe try the south side.

simbas

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Lamlam , welcome to the forum , i think you will find that your friend has already posted with his request

Simbas

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/59961.asp

lamzz

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

thank u so much for ur prompt replies, my friend cares more to be relocated then the package itself, i guess if he finds something there , he can start and look for better opportunities while being there.

martinD41

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

I seriously think your friend has chosen the wrong place for relocation.....

Marion

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Nice idea, but..... lots of good things about North Cyprus but internaitonal standards on opportunity, work and remuneration are not included. If your friend wants the quality of life on offer here (with some problems) then fine, but if he is looking to maintain an internaitonal standard, suggest he goes somewhere else. Even the south may not be the answer. a Lebanese friend of mine with wom I used to work is in the Emirates - far more opportunities, more money etc etc.

good luck to the man, but tell him to reconsider WHY he wants to come ehre.

lamzz

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 20:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

but he is multitasked he can go from finance to media to HR to sales. but in ur opinion what r the job opportunities that prevail now there ????

cooper

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

In my honest opinion lamzz the job opportunities that prevail now are piss poor !!

lamzz

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

he wants to come over , cos we heard a lot about the nice way of living , the beauty of the place and mainly it looks a great place for retirement as well !!! , he does not want arabic countries, not even his cos he is fed up to be in unstable areas HE heard so much about north cyprus from a common friend who came and stayed over 2 months and advised him to try his chance.

me-style

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 20:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

lamzz it seems like you do not get the picture here, if your friend want to come and live on North Cyprus fine he can do that but he need to bring money to support his life without income.

You can be stubborn and paint nice pictures without arabs and so on. There is people here that is foreign and even better qualified then your friend. If you or he thinks this is a small place and all of us are sheep or donkey shepperts and looking for educated people then you are wrong.

So you have 2 choices, to follow the advises given here, or let him come and he will learn the real life on his own body.

martinD41

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

My dear Iamzz... Property wise this country is" Highly" unstable,Governmentally corrupt, and on the road to nowhere..,Please don't seek the greener grass here...The south side is EU and hence, a much better bet for someone with his skills

Marion

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

I agree with all the 'negative' postings - they are but rea,listic. One thing that has not been mentioned is that your friend would need to be able to get a work permit, so multi tasking is 'out' unless he set himself up in business with a TC partner and that takes money and trust.

and why isn't the person themselves posting this, or are you the person who is interested in coming????And my Lebanese friend with whom I worked in the south ound life difficult enough, and in those days there were lots of Lebanese people in the south (now mainly gone back to Lebanon). another suggestion is that he looks at papers form here on job opportunities, PLUS there is a cut back on internaitonal workers, whomsoever they may be. so, unless it is retirement in mind, your 'friend' could be doomed to unhappiness. why not come for 2 months or so and take a look. And then retreat to the emirates!

lamzz

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

no need to feel offended me-style !!! my friend has his own post already. all am doing is trying to help. second , i am so sorry that u think of ur people that way !!! if we did we wont choose that part of the world to settle ! plus i did not say at ALL that a nice place cant be if arabs are in it ! i am an arab person and proud to be ! all we need is a secure place where we don't have to run away for our lives , and have to move again to another peaceful country. am amazed to see here animosity , while all i heard is that you people are very sweet and friendly.. no matter , my friend is the one to decide and thank u again for all ur help and comments.

martinD41

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

On the whole Cypriot people are Sweet , but the rules that govern us are NOT...We are only trying to help your friend, and stop him from making a big mistake based on stories of greener grass...

lamzz

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

i knooooow martin , i have no doubt about this ! but i felt that our friend me-style interpreted my requests and my statements wrongly. that's all .Indeed the rules are not sweet at all again i really appreciate your help . i hope that he will think it over and do the right thing .

Marion

Message Posted:
02/04/2011 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Just remember lamzz - I tyhink most of us are concerned that your friend doesn't make a mistake. Saldy quite a few people come here (from many parts of the world) and find they cannot settle. then they have to run away and it can cost in terms of money and heartbreak. wouldn't want your friend to be another. I think that above all, you and your friend must realise that this place is unique and what happens in manhy olther places doesn't happenb here, and quite seriously, job opportunities worth having are few and far between. I could show you countless examples of this, but suffice it to say that life can be good here, but whatever your qualifications the money is awful and the hours are horrible. Even for many Turkish Cypriots who theoretically get first choice of jobvs because they are citizens. so please don't think we are being 'nasty' but tryinfg to help1 Really.

me-style

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 01:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

lamzz, I do not have anything against people with arabic heritage at all, I try to be sharp but realistic. If I were your friend and he is looking for a job with a package I would if I were him look for a job in the Middle East or North Africa where it would be possible for him to get a job with a package.

He could then ishalla save the money and one day buy a house here and have money in the bank to pay his life in KKTC.

Plus what you also read here about working permit, he need to find someone who will pay and spend the time and money for it, so this will never happen.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.