North Cyprus Tourist Board - Need help with locations!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Need help with locations!

Need help with locations!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

NickyB

Message Posted:
05/04/2011 11:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hiya!

We are thinking about moving over in January so my husband can be near his family who live in Nicosia.

We would like to live in Kyrenia. I really like Bellapais and our daughter has her name down at ESK but we know that it is expensive to live there.

Can anyone give me some advice as to where on the West Side of Kyrenia would be suitable for a young family who will be travelling to Bellapais for school?

If there are any parents out there whose children go to ESK we would really appreciate your input.

Thanks

negativenick

Message Posted:
05/04/2011 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

it isn't the distance, its the time it takes, although new bypass helps greatly.....

if it were me, and i couldn't afford belapais, i'd go for nearby Ozankoy, which is near the school, has lower prices, and has a real "village" feel about it - also has the famous "old Mill" pub which is one of the best pubs in the girne region.....

NickyB

Message Posted:
05/04/2011 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

I do like Bellapais as for some reason i think its 'quite englishy', I know people are going to say why come live her if you want it to be english but my husband needs to be near his family and i would like to gradually settle on rather then be thrown in the deep end.

NickyB

Message Posted:
05/04/2011 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
05/04/2011 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I agree Nicky, I really like Ozankoy.

negativenick

Message Posted:
05/04/2011 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

bellapais / ozankoy - you can take a short cut and be on the main dual carriage way to lefkosia in only a few minutes.....

i remember richard the window cleaner telling me that he cleaned windows from Tatlisu to Karryshakka and ozankoy was the best place to live by a country mile...

you been in the mill in ozankoy ? - probably the best "local" you cold have.....

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.