North Cyprus Tourist Board - Seker bank - how does it compare ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Seker bank - how does it compare ?

Seker bank - how does it compare ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

the2ofus

Message Posted:
06/04/2011 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

We are thinking of putting more money in Seker bank as their interest rate is currently higher than most of the other banks (they range from Garanti bank at 6% for TL to CreditWest at 8%) - Seker is 9%.

I know the original Seker bank is a well established Turkish bank - but is Seker KKTC part of the same group ? We keep being told not to go to the one with the highest % as it can be an indicater that they are struggling - does anyone have any experiences with Seker (good/bad - past history etc) in regards their reliability/their handling of accounts etc.

Thanks

cooper

Message Posted:
06/04/2011 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I invested 1,ooo with this bank and when i went to make a withdrawal they could find no records of my account on their system. Turns out they were fooling around and just playing hiding Seker with my money )

negativenick

Message Posted:
06/04/2011 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

mess 2 - so did they find your dosh in the end, cooper ?

must have been very worrying at your age......

Stonehousepub

Message Posted:
06/04/2011 21:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

mess 1

Listen to what you are being told...

the2ofus

Message Posted:
06/04/2011 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Stonehousepub - i appreciate what you are saying BUT a couple of years ago we were told the same thing about another bank (CreditWest).They were offering higher rates than most other banks and we were told the same thing "careful - they must be struggling/loaning out at great risk/not a stable bank etc etc "- but for a couple of years there doesn't seem to have been a problem with them. Many expats now bank with CreditWest.

I only ask about Seker because it is not a bank we hear much of from the expat community/on forums - is there a reason why expats do not use them much or are they a "safe" bank that local community/people use but are not maybe expat user friendly ????

Ailletoo

Message Posted:
07/04/2011 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

I withdrew my money from HSBC 4 years ago and deposited it with Seker Bank having done a background check on them. I have never had any problems with the bank and the staff are delightful and a pleasure to deal with.

martinD41

Message Posted:
07/04/2011 09:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

First rate Bank.....Very professional ....delightful staff........Good Interest rates...Offshore branch of Seker BanK (sugar bank) Turkey ... ...Go in and speak to Yelis..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.