North Cyprus Tourist Board - limescale problems - combimate
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > limescale problems - combimate

limescale problems - combimate

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

JohnWG

Message Posted:
07/04/2011 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

A low cost UK device for reducing Limescale in pipes, taps, sanitary ware is a COMBIMATE. It will also lengthen the life of electric heater elements in immersion units.

The COMBIMATE unit houses phosphate balls fully potable as used by UK water distribution which provide a phosphate film which stops limescale from sticking. It protects Combi boilers as the name suggests. Used by the good fitters of Combi Boilers in Kibris, Vaillant, Ferroli and others.

At £137 in Kibris with import tax and KDV included and an annual fill of new balls is £27 it is a very useful domestic device. Large industrial units to special order.

For those who want to go for the full unit we can offer UK Scalemaster Softline 100 water softeners.

Brochures for both available in hard copy or e-mail. Stock in Kibris, COMBIMATE has been here with full support for five years.

John 0532 340 2230

or

Kemal 0533 850 7517

donna84

Message Posted:
07/04/2011 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Hi could you send me more details please. I am getting a quote from site plumbers on saturday They have other work to do on my property as part of the guarantee but im told they can fit some kind of filter (two plastic containers of some sort???). I have the standard roof water heating system and roof tank but my meter is in the front garden. I have a limescale problem as do most cypriots.

what devices do you have and do you fit them also?

thank you

flightholiday

Message Posted:
07/04/2011 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Buy them at discounted rates from us at IAH.

Just look at SoftcleanWater>

http://www.softcleanwater.co.uk - we have been offering thses products to TRNC residents and merchants for some years all at discounted rates.

http://www.softcleanwater.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=40 for Combi Care dosing system

We have been promoting the Scalemaster Softline 150 Water Softener at 552.00 GBP UK delivered until last week for Cyprus 44 members we will do so till the end of May! Just tell us where you heard of this offer

http://www.softcleanwater.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=221

Donna Msg 2 - before you buy make sure that what you get should do what you want and expect. Many products are not well suited to the working conditions in North Cyprus i.e. we sell water conditioning from bore holes using filtration, UV or RO but for most TRNC purposes I would not recomend them as value for money. Tom IAH Ltd + 44 1594 544 077 or email from the SCW site

racoonchic

Message Posted:
08/04/2011 08:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

isnt the combimate desiened for central heating systems and works only on a small scALE

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
08/04/2011 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

I bought a brand new 'Combimate' when we lived in Paphos. I had it for about 10 years. Did it work?

Well, not well enough, because it couldn't cope with the quantity of water flowing through it and the limescale build-up problems on all appliances still persisted. Perhaps to a lesser degree than if it hadn't been fitted? Erm, hard to say!

One thing was for certain; rather like a computer printer, the consumable - in this case the replacement crystals were a ridiculous price. This got higher every year for exactly the same quantity, until I realised that as the machine was pretty ineffectual and the cost of crystals utterly exhorbitant, I simply cleaned out the old calcified crystals and let the water freeflow through the unit. At least it looked impressive to the buyers of our house!

'racoonchic' is probably right about the limitation of usefulness of this unit!

Stewart

Message Posted:
08/04/2011 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Hi is this combi mate the 3 stage filter system?, how often realistically would the crystals chamber need to be replaced on a 4 bathroom house..in constant use....and would you gtee your answer for 3 years?

racoonchic

Message Posted:
08/04/2011 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

its always good when a person backs up his post with a reply....waiting

negativenick

Message Posted:
08/04/2011 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

i looked into a combi mate for my villa (now sold) and Garry Monger, who has been a plumber for 20 odd years, told me that its not suitable for a whole house - its called a "combi mate" for a very good reason - its just for a combi boiler...

Would the original poster care to comment (nb: the last person that argued with Garry M on a plumming rated matter, cot a cuff round the ear from his missus....)

flightholiday

Message Posted:
08/04/2011 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Stew Msg 6 & Ricki Msg 7 - I cant answer for the combi mate - but I can for the BWT Combi Care which is a polyphosphate dosing system able to be used "whole house".

Polyphosphate is a food grade product so can be consumed by anyone but it might leave a slight taste on drinking water.

It is a system designed like a Combi-Flo to inhibit scale and corrosion it will not stop them.

These are systems without filters.

To some extent the problems are not just lime scale but also the way that the water is supplied and used in North Cyprus.

If you want to go "upmarket" there are quite a few ecologically sound and technically advanced systems available from our associates - but as always "you pays a price for what you buy" so for water storage treatment units, eco-filtration RO re-mineralisers etc look at http://www.softcleanwater.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=38

JohnWG

Message Posted:
09/04/2011 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Sorry but I am in Uk just now and not able to respond as quickly as some members would like.

Comments on Combimate from user members are varied. Those of us who have three taps hot and cold through a Combimate and a third direct from the main can clearly identify the benefits from those taps protected by the Combimate. The flow capability is sufficient for most domestic users and the 800gm of siliphos wil treat 350 tons of water. The annual replacement siliphos costs £27.

The Combimate is not on a par with full water softening but it does help. I agree with flightholiday you can go up market. However I would not suggest the Softline 150 as it is too sensitive to contaminent for the Kibris market.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.