North Cyprus Tourist Board - Changing the bladder on a water pump
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Changing the bladder on a water pump

Changing the bladder on a water pump

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

caulkhead

Message Posted:
09/04/2011 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

I am sure this is the place to find an answer. What I would like to know is is it an easy DIY job to fit a new bladder to a water pump? It is the type with the big red top. I know the bladder has burst but keep being told I need a new pump. I had one without a bladder once before on another tank and it only lasted about six months. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

marvin

Message Posted:
09/04/2011 10:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

I had a pump with a bladder before i had to have the bladder replaced twice on the advice of a plumber i had a electric one fitted about two years ago and i have had no problems.I think you need to buy a decent size pump and good quality.

Marvin

helper

Message Posted:
09/04/2011 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Hi there, I do not know where about you are, we are in Catalkoy. My husband -english speaking Turk/Cyp, replaces bladders and overhauls pumps, new bearings and seals, mainly for friends and family but if you need help give us a call on 0533 849 1375. cheers

compass

Message Posted:
09/04/2011 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

It is an easy DIY job to fit one, but you do need the right tools for the job as the water pipe fittings are large and usually VERY secure. The part is available at most yapi markets for a few lira.

C'pass

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
09/04/2011 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

The air cylinder should simply screw [anti-clockwise] off the top of the pump. The air valve is at the top, usually covered by a circular pice of plastic, or rubber. Around the base there are about eight bolts - you'll just need the correct size spanner, or an adjustable spanner to undo these. Take out the bladder and take it to any plumbers' supply shop. Opposite 'Deniz Plaza' - next to Credit West Bank is a shop with an English speaking, very helpful guy - Ahmet.

Before you fit the new bladder, spray the inside of the cylinder with a bit of WD40, as it's liable to be a bit rusty. When you've refitted the new bladder and tightened the bolts, this is the time to pressurise the cylinder, - it has a car type valve. You need about 13-18 psi. Make sure, after you've finished blowing it up, that you put some spittle on the end of the air valve - if no bubble appears, the air won't be leaking out - if it does.............Hell, for all the chasing about, best buy a new cylinder!

caulkhead

Message Posted:
09/04/2011 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks for the very detailed advice. I will have a go and see how I get on.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
09/04/2011 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

My husband has replaced bladders numerous times on our pump and the latest one has been repaired twice with a bicycle repair kit

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
09/04/2011 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

The young bride, having already applied the first two, slipped the third 'Durex' onto her equally nervous husband, then nervously queried: 'Johnny, what shall we call it if anything goes wrong?'

'Darling,' he replied, 'we'll call it Houdini if it can get out of that f**kin' lot!'

So, just not to stray 'off topic' - hop down to the Chinese Bazaar and buy a bicycle puncture repair kit!

racoonchic

Message Posted:
09/04/2011 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

or fit a reliable press control unit and cut out the prolonged headache..x

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.