North Cyprus Tourist Board - Archos WiFi
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Archos WiFi

Archos WiFi

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

robbie c

Message Posted:
08/10/2008 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Does anyone know anything about these machines or had any personal experience? I'd never heard of them until my friend showed me one the other day. I thought they looked a brilliant bit of kit, but thought if they're that good, why has hardly anyone heard of them even though they've been out years.

rocky

Message Posted:
08/10/2008 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I have one several films stored dvds music storage photos and links up to wi fi just dont get time to use it

Littlenige

Message Posted:
09/10/2008 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

yes I have one, download fils and music plug it in to tv and away you go.

I use http://www.thebox.bz to download uk tv programs, i have a number of invites if any members wish to join the box.

The wifi is pretty cool mine uses the opera browser, I can use it ithin a distance of the house or indeed where there is an unsecure hotspot.

the2ofus

Message Posted:
09/10/2008 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Hye Littlenige

I am interested in learning how to download UK programmes - i am quite computer illiterate !! - so that we can watch them on TV. Is there an Idiots guide that i can log onto to find out how/what i need to do ?

Thanks

Littlenige

Message Posted:
09/10/2008 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

the2ofus

I use bit torrnt for downloading the programs in file version ( threre are others ) you need to choose one and download it.

Again I use the box for uk tv programs again a simple google search will give you many other options, pirate bay is also very good.

It is important to have your antivirus and spyware updated on a regular basis when downloading, especially if using limewire ( this is another file sharing site )

Once the download is complete you then plug the archos machine into the computer open your download file and drag i across to a folder on the archos machine.

The quality is perfect so far with me.

How long to download ??? this depends on your isp and the package you are on.

http://www.bittorrent.com/download

robbie c

Message Posted:
09/10/2008 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

I was only thinking of music and photos but if you can download english programs as well, even better. Will look into getting one when we go back to the UK early next year.

Thanks Nige

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.