North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus Sponsorship and Neil Anthony
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus Sponsorship and Neil Anthony

North Cyprus Sponsorship and Neil Anthony

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

cammy

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 04:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 30 in Discussion

First of all Neil let me thank you and your staff for all the support you have given over the years,without people like you charities would suffer.

I have still seen no apology from Kibris Linedancers on the forum for what they said only a short extract at the bottom of your comment in the Cyprus Today. ( NOT GOOD ENOUGH )

Perhaps it time for all sponsors to look twice before supporting this outfit, or allowing them to teach kids in Schools ?

Please Neil don't class the rest of us in the same boat, we need your support and are very grateful for it.

For the rest of us out here we send our deepest symphony to Sertap for the loss of his mother.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 07:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 30 in Discussion

I would like to thank Neil Anthony and Sertap for helping raising both awareness and funds for Help Those With Cancer Association/Tulips.

They recently supported us by joining in the 'Pyjama Day' on 1st April.

Without the support of both businesses and the public there would be a lot more sadness and hardship here, so we also are extremely grateful for your support.

Our condolences go out to Sertap.

negativenick

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 07:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 30 in Discussion

i'm not happy - he gave me a "nine bob note" in my change....................

GirneRehab

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 30 in Discussion

We support comments made in message 1.

We feel that some should think before opening their mouths.... all charities need the willing support of businesses to enable us to help others.

We the charities have now lost a good and loyal supporter.... let us hope that Neil Anthony will change his mind and not give into the 'louts', that make and post outlandish and hurtfull comments, lets us all rise above them and unite.

wagon

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 30 in Discussion

We support the comments made on no1

A full apology should be given from everyone who commented in their usual nasty way

LooseBoots

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 30 in Discussion

I too would like to echo the sentiment of everyone else here.

Firstly, although we don`t know Neil or Sertap, my partner and I would like to send Sertap our condolences on the loss of his mother.

We would also like to ask Neil to reconsider his position with regard to the charities. The charities didn`t do this, KLDS did and by withdrawing your support of the charities you are punishing the innocent and not the perpetrators . We know how you feel from experience but it`s not fair to let them ruin it for everyone else.

Please reconsider and continue your good work.

Before anyone jumps on the bandwagon and says I`m part of KLDS , we parted company on 21/1/11 and to this end I would ask Izzet " Can you please remove Val`s profile picture as it includes me in it.

scruffdog

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 30 in Discussion

I agree with message 6, please do not let all charites be punished because of the perpetrator here is KLDS...

I would echo what has been said... please reconsider and continue your good work.

If you wish to withdraw your support from events using KLDS... that is your right... but please remember others charities who are innocent and now suffer because of this bad experience.

booitsme

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 15:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 30 in Discussion

Neil, you and Sertap are far too kind hearted to not help the various charities. Maybe if a proper apology was made you might re-consider your stance? I hope that once the hurt and anger at the idiots who slander before finding out the truth fades you will carry on with your good work. I just hope those that posted their venom on here feel as disgusted with themselves as we feel toward them. Our thoughts are with you Sertap

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 30 in Discussion

I have 100 % respect for Sertap, He is a very genuine warm person, whom I know is willing to help as also is Neil.

I beleive that everyone should get facts prior to posting, especially if it could damage or hurt, a person or their livleyhood.

I spoke with Sertap on Saturday,and the info in the Cyprus Today was incorrect, he explained to me that it was not his mom.

I also hope that this does not deter Sertap and Neil, I do not think it will,

If it is in your heart to genuinley help and give to others, then gossip and statements made by others which I would imagine they now regret, well I feel it would take more than that, Those of us who know Sertap, will know how big his heart is.

kittyfun

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 17:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 30 in Discussion

I join to say also message 1 our sentiments also KLD should hang their heads in shame

negativenick

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 30 in Discussion

maybe you could enligten us - what did KLD do ??

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 30 in Discussion

N.N. I beleive that some comments where made on the forum, due to Sertaps failiure to show for Charity Function,

It was unfortunatley beyond his control, we Know Sertap and he is a very sincere person.

I think the way forward would be for a proper apology with regards to the postings.

I know from our experiences last year, that some people find it impossible to apologise, A couple of people tried to tarnish my name. ( with a deliberate wrongly worded press satement)

I find it the most simple word to say , Sorry, and it can take the heat out of so many situations.

KLD do a lot of very good charity work, So lets hope that this gets sorted.

spider

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 30 in Discussion

Lee I think that maybe it would be a better idea to read between the lines of the first posting..and ask maybe why they honestly posted it ! Its my view that its not for Sertap himself...If he is able to write to the Cyprus Today he is able to post on here too.And until such time I will be making no further comment.

I agree that the simple word sorry is sometimes good enough...Simple it is and sometimes easy to say. Its my view that a face to face humble apology is much more effective and sincere.And demanding an apology is lack of self control.

.I smell a wee little bitterness in post 1 WHY I have no idea.But 2+2 do make 4..

Spider and Mr Spider,X

scruffdog

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 30 in Discussion

I think message 1 was written by a genuine person, involved with a charity that Neil Anthony has supported, no other reason to post, but as usual it has got out of context, or people have not read ALL the posts.

spider

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 30 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/59317.asp

booitsme

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 30 in Discussion

Spider, I think that possibly you might need to check your facts before posting on here - it was Neil NOT Sertap who wrote to Cyprus Today. As for lack of self control, do you not think the original posting by Valarius was slightly lacking in self control along with all the replies maligning those who asked for this person to check the facts first?

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 30 in Discussion

Well I think we all agree, that lets hope it gets sorted, we could all hold onto grudges and a like. but it is a waste of energy.

We are all trying in our own ways to make life a little better for people much worse off than ourselves, be it financially, disability, or illness, or whatever trauma they have suffered.

Spider I know you and Vic have also given an awful lot of time and effort.

It will be good to see it put to bed,I beleive a proper face to face with Sertap would sort it and I hope so, because like I said earlier, he really is one very nice genuine man.

But like I pointed out , It wasn't Sertaps mom that had died, and to put somthing like that on a forum or newspaper, is pertty bad in my book.

shoogaroo

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 30 in Discussion

Cammy, for your information, we the Kibris Liners have raised over 10,000Tl for our charities in the last 12 months. We give our time freely and take no expenses. We help those in need.

metin

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 30 in Discussion

It was in fact Sertab's aunt who passed away.

No one on this forum is disputing the fact that the KLD's have raised lots of money for charity. What they are disputing is the naming and shaming (without just cause) ,of various artistes, who, for various reasons were unable to make the event .

Brinsley

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 30 in Discussion

Well, I'm going to play 'devils advocate'. Having read the first post about a 'no show' at a charitable event which the organisers felt let down and consequently posted about their disappointment however, not knowing the reason why they felt aggrieved. However, with the lines of modern technology, mobile phones, emails etc, a quick communication with the organisers would have sufficed and negated all this nonsense. Unless the excepted attendant was dead!

Richard

metin

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 30 in Discussion

Ok well you don't know the facts......

would over 3 weeks notice and a replacement being offered not suffice ?????

I rest my case.

valarius

Message Posted:
11/04/2011 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 30 in Discussion

I have read all the comments and like the one I started off about naming and shaming it has got out of hand. I hold my hands up to the start of it but not the rest that folowed. there was a lot said and not very nicely. I held off namimg and shamimg within the hope that Sertap would get in touch. He had Saturday to tell us his Aunt was ill or dieing although i was told it was a friends mother who was dieing. All Sunday and Monday. not a word. I do appologise to sertap because it is not nice to loose someone, but we should have been informed. He had our number. We did not have his. Sertap as a person is I agree a very nice person but the Charity we did before this last one someone nameless made an auction of promise for 250tl and we are still waiting for it. We didn't do anything about that one but we can take only so much let down. Sertap I am sorry to have upset you. I have written a letter to you i just have to get to a postoffice. And I will come in to see you. KLD

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
12/04/2011 05:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 30 in Discussion

I remember the whinging and whining a few months ago because 2 people dared to vote 'not like' for the KLDS video - and the begging for sympathy on this forum.

Yet they seem quick enough to offer far more vitriolic criticism for a nice guy who had a problem - a guy (and his company) who do as much for charity in their own way.

KLDS do good work but that does not absolve them from the need to behave decently and they should publicly and profusely apologise. They cannot claim the high moral ground when they behave like sh*ts. My opinion of them has gone way down.

And to Neil Anthony and friends I say that I understand fully their position but ask them to reconsider - the people who benefit from their help do not deserve to suffer because of the petty minded morons of KLDS.

philbailey

Message Posted:
12/04/2011 05:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 30 in Discussion

Is this a serious post?

"He had Saturday to tell us his Aunt was ill or dieing although i was told it was a friends mother who was dieing."

If so I hope the charity money you raise is not for self-satisfaction

bad taste

LooseBoots

Message Posted:
12/04/2011 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 30 in Discussion

Re Msg 6. Thank you Izzet for yr e.mail and for removing the picture so promptly.

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
12/04/2011 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 30 in Discussion

Msg22 - to EVER act upon or believe something anecdotally, without waiting to verify the facts with the very people concerned, is inexcusable, you will agree.

rocking

Message Posted:
12/04/2011 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 30 in Discussion

I am fully supportive of Neil and his staff - he has raised much money for charity - besides that I have seen him (when people are genuinely strapped) help them out - been in the shop and have seen this with my own eyes (not frem Neil) and anybody who knows Sertap and himself know that they would never let anyone down if there was not a good reason. Again, not knowing full story people have jumped in and blacked a good persons name.

wagon

Message Posted:
12/04/2011 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 30 in Discussion

i agree with you rocking

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
12/04/2011 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 30 in Discussion

This thread has now been addressed:

See http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/60764.asp

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
12/04/2011 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 30 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.