North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus Bank Deposit Rates - Last 5 Years History?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus Bank Deposit Rates - Last 5 Years History?

North Cyprus Bank Deposit Rates - Last 5 Years History?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

walkerscott

Message Posted:
13/04/2011 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Can anyone provide information on the last 5 years bank deposit rate history? The highs and lows and whether they believe it will only get worse or not?

It would help me in my considerations whether or not to transfer funds from UK to the TRNC or not.

I know that in 2009 I was offered 16% on TL deposit accounts and I believe Sterling was a little less.

Thanks ...

negativenick

Message Posted:
13/04/2011 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

my prediction is that within 18 months the typical TL time deposit interest rate will be 4-5%

Deniz1

Message Posted:
13/04/2011 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Seems to be steady at 9percent some banks will give 10 depends on the size of the deposit.

keithr

Message Posted:
13/04/2011 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

It all depends on what happens to the Turkish economy and it's bank rates. There have been stories in the financial press that the economy is expanding too quickly and remedial action may have to be taken.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
13/04/2011 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

The rate depends on the amount you wish to deposit.

2005 /6 /7 I was getting 15 - 17%

Then in 2009 with more put in I got up to 20% which lasted on a 12 month deposit to Dec 2010. This is now 11%.

Sterling is never a little less it is always less than half the tl rate.

I mainly use Creditwest who I cam highly recommend.

Swany

Message Posted:
13/04/2011 23:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Go to http://www.ncmoneyguide.info log on or register then go to the Guide and look at the Bank Accounts section. There are a couple of charts that show the historic TL interest rate. The news section has some articles and comments in regard to were interest rates are going and why.

Recently inflation was not as bad as they were predicting. The central bank is committed to reducing inflation and keeping the value of the TL under control so as to help exports and discourage “hot money”. With the strong likely hood of Turkey’s credit rating going to investment grade I don’t think we will see any major increase in the TL interest rate and a dowered trend is more likely.

But then with all that is going on in Euro Zone and the Middle East anything could happen but my personal planning is with a dowered trend in mind.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.