North Cyprus Tourist Board - Phoney people on these boards
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Phoney people on these boards

Phoney people on these boards

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mickey rourke

Message Posted:
10/10/2008 07:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Isn't it time Izzet that you devised a system where people have to be vetted when they join these boards, the number of phoneys who join just to attack people and businesses is frankly disgusting, these people should have been put down at birth,

this board claims to have over 2000 members and probably sells it's advertising on that basis but i bet there are probably near 500 or possibly even more who have made 3 or 4 derogatory posts then disappeared

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
10/10/2008 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Might be a good idea to do vetting then people who make stupid comments are kept off all forums.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
10/10/2008 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Re. messages 1 and 2,

If you spot a posting which breaks the rules of the forum, you are advised to contact IZZIE direct, off board - he can then decide what action to take regarding the complaint.

None of the moderators have the time to read and vet every single posting on this board, and rely on Members who do spot something to report it, rather than just moaning about it on the board.

If you have any specific posters in mind, you should follow the procedure as stated in the Forum rules.

Best regards,

Keith.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
10/10/2008 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Oops!

I meant Izzet, sorry....

Wilts Girl

Message Posted:
10/10/2008 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

I myself haven’t witnessed any nasty remarks so can only assume the moderation in relation to personal attacks works quite well.

I don’t mind genuine people advertising stuff but sometimes there does seem to be loads of posts with just people selling stuff. Maybe a separate area to the forum where people can advertise stuff would be a good idea then the majority of the forum threads aren’t just people flogging stuff

jock1

Message Posted:
10/10/2008 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Bring back the birch!!!!!

wynyardman

Message Posted:
10/10/2008 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Mickey,

I think this is very problematic for Izzet. Who do you know are going to be "toxic" posters

until members have already been attacked? Generally speaking these people attack the

individual and do not debate the subject matter. Very often they have a personal agenda if

they have lost a job or other reason. You are right IMHO, but it is for the members to

advise the moderators of these personal attacks. The rules are already in place.!

Jock!.......I think that you are just looking for something to beat, since you lost the Donkey.

Have you no distant relatives, who could fit the bill?

wyn

wyn

jock1

Message Posted:
10/10/2008 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Wyn dont pass the buck, it was wackyjim and i who entrusted you with our top of the range ass, and it was you who never returned the poor beast maybe passed it but never returned it, as for distant relatives there is one pretty close you know who i mean, god she can moan...........

ukturk

Message Posted:
10/10/2008 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

hi

mickey unknown to you, new members do get vetted before they can post freely their post gets moderated five times so if they post something which is abusive they wont get accepted

and like what keith has said it is hard for moderators to sive thru x amount of posts in their spare time!!!

so if you or anyone spots any abuse start a new thread for the attention of the moderators or contact izzet off board

ukturk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.