North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dropbox-Fantastic New service
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dropbox-Fantastic New service

Dropbox-Fantastic New service

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

elko2

Message Posted:
13/04/2011 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26171843/Interest.xls

You are given 2GB free space. You can synchronize folders on various computers through the internet or share any picture or document like the one above.

The excel document is all about interest rates prepared by me.

Tab 1: Simple interest.

Tab 2:Monthly Payments. For calculating monthly payments.

Tab 3: Consolidated Interest. At one time the interest stopped when it reached a certain amount. I developed these tables for courts to calculate the relevant dates quickly. Not much use any longer.

ismet

PS: You can download the programme from http://www.dropbox.com

elko2

Message Posted:
14/04/2011 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I added a new table for paying back a debt. As you make payments first the interest is reduced and once all interest is paid the remaining capital goes down. If its a loan from a bank or similar and the interest has to be consolidated to the capital at certain dates, you put in the relevant date and write "0" where it says "Remaining interest". Hence the remaining interest is automatically added to the capital.

ismet

PS: I have a special table for advocates if anybody is interested in that. It takes into account all the court fees etc.

waddo

Message Posted:
14/04/2011 10:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

elko2, that is a handy little programme, thank you. Dropbox has been around for a while now and seems to be quite safe to use - no reports of "holes" in the programme and have never find any spyware attached.

Would caution how you set it up and what you allow it access to - can be directed to an external drive - on the other hand, once you are connected to the Internet there will always be somebody who can access your information and PC no matter how careful you are! Could supply names but want to live longer - lol.

elko2

Message Posted:
14/04/2011 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

msg. 3, Waddo, you say its safe in the first paragraph but you contradict yourself in the second. Have I missed something?

Now I have added another one in Turkish with all kinds of lists but the would be users may need some training. Some are aimed at advocates or the court registrars for quick calculations. Here is the link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26171843/faiz%20komple.xls

ismet

waddo

Message Posted:
14/04/2011 12:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

No Elko2 not missed anything! As far as I know - my ex workmates have tried to find ways round it just to check (its their job) its ok - Dropbox is safe enough for normal use. The second comment is quite standard and just a polite warning that anything can be got at if you are clever enough and really want to take the time to do it. A lot of normal users know ZIP about computer security and allow all sorts of things through to their equipment - lack of firewalls and good virus checkers are essential just for normal operations.

So, just be aware that there are some really sad people out there and try not to give them easy access to your holiday snaps from 1965 or something equally as dodgy - lol. Take care and yes, I use Dropbox!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.