North Cyprus Tourist Board - Nikah Marriage in North Cyprus if UK resident
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Nikah Marriage in North Cyprus if UK resident

Nikah Marriage in North Cyprus if UK resident

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Fatimauk

Message Posted:
18/04/2011 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

My fiance and I wish to meet in North Cyprus (Lefke) and may wish to have nikah marriage ceremony there. He is from Pakistan and I am from UK. Can anyone adivse what we would need to do for this to be legal in the UK? We will have witnesses. Do we have to fill in forms or register with a government office there? I have tried the marriage office in Kyrenia on advice of TRNC consulate in uk, but with no luck. Any advice from anyone gratefully received!

nostradamus

Message Posted:
18/04/2011 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

The sort of advice you need is unlikely to be found in the TRNC as you want to know whether your Pakistani partner will be allowed to settle in UK. Go to the Home Office website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/ for full details of what is required for a non UK partner.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
18/04/2011 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Kate Message 2 is right.

It will not just depend on the Muslim wedding ceremony nor the TRNC registrar but in how the UK Foreign Office see your wedding even if your betrothed only wants a holiday visit to the UK and your permament home is elsewhere. You could ask a wedding planner to assist (there are a few on Cyprus44) but the FCO information is facts that you need to get written to you from your own research.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.