North Cyprus Tourist Board - Wındows7 Starter help wanted wıth changıng language
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Wındows7 Starter help wanted wıth changıng language

Wındows7 Starter help wanted wıth changıng language

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cypriot Customs and Traditions

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
18/04/2011 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

I knew I was goıng to have problems what wıth buyıng a netbook that was set up ın Turkısh plus never ever havıng used Wındows 7 Starter before.

Can anyone tell me how to change from Turkısh to Englısh ıncludıng remappıng the keyboard.

Thanks

AJ

gooligan

Message Posted:
18/04/2011 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Any help?

http://www.froggie.sk/index.html

harita

Message Posted:
18/04/2011 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

AJ .. I have had the same problem .. Mine is a Spanish keyboard ..

It was more trial & error but managed to solve it somehow ..

Click on start .. Control panel .. Clock language & region .. Region & language ..

See where that leads you to ..

erolz

Message Posted:
18/04/2011 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Changing keyboard layout (software wise) is easy and as descibed above.

However changing the langugae of windows in general is only available for Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise. To the best of my knowledge it is not possible to change windows language on windows7 starter (or home editions)

rowlo

Message Posted:
18/04/2011 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

msg4 is correct ,

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
19/04/2011 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I have been through (I think) all of the options that you have supplied with the help of a Turkish dictionary and the United Kingdom ( although other bizarre countries appear to be supported) does not appear anywhere. So I guess I have two options, 1: A re-install of the operating system or I seriously brush up on my (technical) Turkish.

Thanks again

AJ

erolz

Message Posted:
19/04/2011 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

The Turkish for united kingdom is I think BÜYÜKELÇİLİĞİ

That should be in the locations list, but changing this will NOT change the language of windows 7. It will change things like keyboard mappings and date formats.

To get english langauge in windows 7 you will need to reinstall windows 7. If you had 7 ultimate or enterprise then you could have changed language with a downloadable language pack, but you cant do this with win 7 starter, so reinstall is the only way to get english version of windows I am afraid.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
19/04/2011 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Erolz

Thanks for your reply.

' To get english langauge in windows 7 you will need to reinstall windows 7 '

Do you know a man that can?

Regards

AJ

TheBlackOlive

Message Posted:
19/04/2011 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

AJ i know a great guy for computers give me a call

cheers

vicki

erolz

Message Posted:
20/04/2011 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

AJ it really depends on if you want a legit copy of windows 7 or not.

If you want a legal copy of windows then you could download one from MS directly, but will have to pay for it. You can not buy win 7 starter, the cheapest option would be win 7 home premium.

I am not sure if you can just buy the 'upgrade' option for windows 7 in a different langauge. I suspect you will have to buy the full verison of home premium, which on MS UK website is currently 124.00 pounds sterling.

If you buy this from MS you can just install it yourself, either from external DVD drive or from USB stick, there are detailed instructions as to how to do this.

http://emea.microsoftstore.com/UK/en-GB/Microsoft/Windows-7-Home-Premium-Full/?WT.mc_id=WindowsUKSite_BuyPage

If you do not care about having a legit and legal copy then there are lots of people here in TRNC that will do it for you, some advertising on this forum or most net cafes will do it.

erolz

Message Posted:
20/04/2011 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

A cheaper option would be to buy an OEM version of windows, which is what I do when I build a PC from scratch.

Details of the pros and cons of an OEM version can be found here

http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2007/01/8730.ars

You can get a OEM version of Win 7 Home premium in the UK for 79.99 Sterling. An example here

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SW-127-MS&groupid=33&catid=1555&subcat=

However you will need to have it shipped somewhere, in the UK would be cheapest. If you had it shipped to a UK address and got win 7 home premium 64bit, then all you would need is the 'product code'. I can lend you physical disks of that version as it is what I have. So you could buy it from overclockers , have it sent to someone in the UK, they email you the product code, you install it using my install disks and your product code.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.