North Cyprus Tourist Board - Water or lack of.
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Water or lack of.

Water or lack of.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

newscoop

Message Posted:
12/10/2008 00:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Given the tendency for members of this forum to fulminate over every perceived injustice wrought upon them by Cypriot officialdom, (Quite rightly) I am somewhat bemused by the lack of reaction to the water situation in Lapta. Was it not the other week when the mayor of Lapta proclaimed to the world that he would lie in the road to prevent tankers stealing the villages water? was it not last week when he was quoted in the local rag as saying the crisis is over? So can someone please explain why hundreds of homes on the "flat" part of Lapta have had no water for six days and counting? and even more strangely why no-one is complaining.

Just an observation.

Whistler

Message Posted:
12/10/2008 10:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

I totally agree but it`s not only the flat part of Lapta. As I speak we are still without water after six days. What annoys me is that when I rang Ibo who is the water man at Lapta Belediyesi I was told "Get a tanker" They are hypocrits because as you say Mr. Mayor was going to lie in the road and stop the tankers. Three days ago i passed the Belediye and there were at least five of their vehicles being hosed down. We all got letters saying you must not wash patios, vehicles, or water plants with drinking water. Then they tell you it all comes from the same source.

Groucho

Message Posted:
12/10/2008 10:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

I can't believe how many Belediye think its a good idea for them to maintain grass lawns that need copious amounts of water in public areas.... what's all that about?

It's a breeding gorund for mozzies.... ah, that's what it's for....

fire starter

Message Posted:
12/10/2008 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

the planting of grass makes me very angry. the public flowerbeds in gonyeli have been replanted about 4 times so far this year. where is all that water coming from and who is paying for it.

newscoop

Message Posted:
13/10/2008 07:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Make that eight waterless days and counting!

authentichoccie

Message Posted:
13/10/2008 09:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Newscoop

I also live in Lapta and it seems that the water is only coming on once a week! Last time for us was week ago today!

So by the weekend our tanks are all but empty! Perfect timing for washing school uniform and my only day off to do housework etc!!!!

Fingers crossed the water will come on today or we'll be washing in the sea!

BTW There are 6 of us in my house struggling to keep water use to a minimum, washing up once a day etc and then theres my neighbour whose irrigation system comes on like clockwork every evening and it sounds like niagara bleedin falls!!! It really peees me off!!!

Turbo

Message Posted:
13/10/2008 09:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

I was under the impression that Lapta was one place that there was an abundance of water.

I also know that they have a lot of private wells, I guess its only logical that the higher you are the sooner the ground water runs out.

How about lower Lapta, how are the wells doing down there? any input?

Did the spring run dry?

newscoop

Message Posted:
13/10/2008 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

The wells on the lower part of Lapta seem ok, maybe somebody forgot to open the stopcocks for the mains water. Apparently its happened before!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.