North Cyprus Tourist Board - Swimming Pool Tools - Unbelievable Variations in TRNC Prices
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Swimming Pool Tools - Unbelievable Variations in TRNC Prices

Swimming Pool Tools - Unbelievable Variations in TRNC Prices

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

deputydawg

Message Posted:
21/04/2011 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Wanting to regrout our pool I used a flexible hose to send water to "waste" but the push in socket joint kept blowing out under the extreme pressure. Gave up on screws and tape and set off to buy a new hose and fitting of a larger diameter. None available in local pool shops but directed to Sica (spelling ?) Alsancak. 10 metres of hose 140 Euros plus 20% tax !!!! They would not give me 90% discount so they lost a sale. Bought 2 x 6 metre slot together drainpipes at the Yapi market for 20 lira which attached to the outlet in seconds and worked a treat. Also, was quoted prices of £12 and £14 per metre for the cheapest large gauge gulley drains at the well known pool shops but found the same in Girne for £6.50. Opted for much stronger ones at £9.50 and still saved £87.50 on a purchase of 35 metres. Clearly it does pay to shop around. Ended day by dropping a lit cigarette into my wellie and the pain drove me into the pool which had only 6 inches of water. Can't win !

ttoli

Message Posted:
21/04/2011 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

If thats the Siba wharehouse (Turn off at the Green Petrol station), I can only say that I found them really helpfull, the retaining clips perished on my Ali vac head (that provide a pivot for the A arm), all the other shops wanted to seel me a new head ,90 EUROS and upward!!, guy in a suit (with a rather nice Lambretta), spent a good 20 mins or so, finally found some and charged me ......ZILCH!!!

Earlybird

Message Posted:
22/04/2011 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

I usually use Siba, they always seem helpful but wonder if anyone knows somewhere competitive for buying chlorine?

yrret

Message Posted:
22/04/2011 08:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

dd,

where about in town did you find the gulley drain covers for those prices.

Cheers

Y

deputydawg

Message Posted:
22/04/2011 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

yrret. Travelling from Alsancak to Girne on the coastal road, some 50 metres on the left hand side, before the first roundabout in Girne, there is a very small shop frontage which conceals a larger premises. I think it is called Sun Pools or something similar. The proprietor speaks good English and is helpful. He has available an extensive stock at a larger store and produced what I wanted within hours. He offers a range of drain covers from cheap to extremely expensive but his prices better anything I have found elsewhere. He can provide covers made from a boron carbon which are impervious to grime, sunlight/weathering, and elephantine proportioned bathers, at the small cost of £25 per metre, with a life time guarantee ie (only £750 for a 10 x 5 pool !). Had I been a rich "fluff" I would have bought them. Worth a visit and the best of luck.

deputydawg

Message Posted:
22/04/2011 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Ttoli and Early bird. The gentleman who served me was trying to be helpful and was extremely polite though he did seem to be in a muddle identifying the item on his PC computer base. I like to think that the price he quoted was not an attempt to rip me off but because my Turkish is as limited as his English I found it hard to explain that I thought he must be mistaken. After twice checking he reafirmed the price. Clearly I was not willing to pay that and made it plain, then left, without any acrimony.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.