North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkish car insurance
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkish car insurance

Turkish car insurance

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See North Cyprus Insurance Related Threads posted so far

» Read Information about North Cyprus Property Insurance

jardap

Message Posted:
13/10/2008 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

When we arrive in Turkey by ferry from Italy can anyone tell us what we can expect to pay for car insurance whilst we are driving through Turkey. Do you pay for the length of time you require it or is it a fixed amount?

Also it would be useful to know what to expect with car insurance when we get off the ferry in Kyrenia.

teapot

Message Posted:
14/10/2008 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Hi we drove overland to TRNC last march and crossed into Turkey from Bulgaria and as far as I can remember we paid about 50 ytl for 3 months on the border, but when we arrived in Kyrenia we paid around £100 sterling for 3 months at the harbour, but they did try it on a bit and I'm still not sure what the correct amount should have been but we were very tired after the crossing on the ferryboat as we were supposed to leave the mainland at midnight but actually left at 7 a.m. arriving at 2 p.m. knackered, as the boat is the pits, make sure all your paperwork is in order as the red tape on arrival is a pain, best of luck.

subman

Message Posted:
27/10/2008 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Can you tell me please what paperwork I will need to bring my car into North Cyprus,I hope to make the trip within the next 2 to 3 weeks.I'm also having problems getting Insurance from the U.K to cover me in Turkey.

Any help you can give me would save a lot of problems.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.