North Cyprus Tourist Board - white male house cat looking for a loving home ASAP
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > white male house cat looking for a loving home ASAP

white male house cat looking for a loving home ASAP

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

izyyy2001

Message Posted:
25/04/2011 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

i found this lovely white male kitty in winter near some garbage bins. it was so tiny, sick and soaked by the heavy rain so i couldnt resist leaving it there on its own i brought him back home. Took him to the vet the next day got him treated with antibiotics. All vaccinations are done. the thing is i cant look after him any longer because i have two dogs in the garden which hate cats and can do serious harm. we are very careful inside the house about not opening any windows but it cant carry on like this im very scared hes going to get out one day again as he did 2 weeks ago but managed to run up a tree the last minute not to get caught by my dogs. So please if anyone is interested and can take good care of him in north cyprus please e-mail me i can send pics aswell izyyy2001@hotmail.com thanks

spider

Message Posted:
25/04/2011 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Oh bless good luck with this one

Spider,X

ozankoys

Message Posted:
25/04/2011 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hi why dont you keep the cat in a cage for a while to protect it and introduce it gradually to your dogs. Once they realise that it is part of your family they will accept it and be gentle with it. This is what we always do when we get a new cat you will find they will accept the cat very quickly especially if it is young.

spider

Message Posted:
25/04/2011 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Great advice ozonkoys..We are looking after a friends dog for a while and boy it hates cats..and so do our two that we have,but we have two cats and our visitor has befriended them both..The owners could not believe this..We found the best was to introduce dogs to the cats is when the cat is sleeping,let the dog have a sniff about the cat will soon let it know he lives there too..Good luck in giving it a go..well more then one go

Spider,X

izyyy2001

Message Posted:
25/04/2011 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

thanks for the advice but its not that easy im afraid. my dogs are staffordshire terriers and are very aggressive when it comes to cats. countless times ive found dead cats in my garden. and a few i have managed to save. the garden is closed all around with high fences so the dogs cant get out but nosey cats can and when they do they get caught. so you see i would love to keep this cat but i cant any more because its getting harder not to open windows as the weather is getting hotter. i just want to find somebody that is going to take good care of him :(

ozankoys

Message Posted:
26/04/2011 07:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

My dogs are also very aggressive towards other cats and sad to say have even killed one. They found our latest kitten over the fields and were just about to rip her to bits when I managed to stop them within 3 days they had accepted her into the family and now let her jump all over them. It's certainly worth a try as re-homing pets here is certainly very difficult. I wish you the best of luck.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.