North Cyprus Tourist Board - business accountant needed TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > business accountant needed TRNC

business accountant needed TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

blueeyes

Message Posted:
25/04/2011 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Could somebody please give me the telephone number or email address preferably of a English speaking accountant in TRNC.

Thank you.

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
25/04/2011 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

my god blueeyes what a loaded question! do you want an honest accountant?

erolz

Message Posted:
25/04/2011 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

What is loaded about the question ? Surely they just want an accountant that speaks the same language as they do ?

Speaking english or not is no indication of someones honesty or not, and the suggestion that it is is frankly racist in my opinion, as well as totaly flawed.

Some of the worlds biggest and greastest con men, fraudsters and down right rouges were english speaking you know.

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
25/04/2011 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

erolz (mess 3)

Who mentioned racism?

erolz

Message Posted:
26/04/2011 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

I mentioned racism, when your immediate reaction to 'I want an english speaking accountant' was, to paraphrase, " what you mean you want an honest one."

Any normal person would think they want and english speaking accountant because that is the language they speak. You however made no such assumption but instead immediatley made a comment about honesty, thus linking 'english speaking' with 'honest' and by default linking 'non english speaking' with dishonest.

It is sad that you chose to make such a connection in the first place imo. It is even sadder that you can not see the implicit racsim in your comment as far as I am concerned.

And appologies to the orignal poster, I realise that neither my or TRNCvicitms post are helping them but I just get fed up with this kind of thing and decided to not just let it pass without comment.

negativenick

Message Posted:
26/04/2011 03:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

mess 5 - erolz old fella - get off yer high horse..............

when i looked at starting a business, i was recomended to a accountant who hardly spoke any english - his assistant came in to the meeting to act as a translator, but to be honest her english wasn't much better.........

the whole experience was like a monty python sketch..........

so i can understand why anyone contemplating business in the trnc would want an accountant who is fluent in english............

erolz

Message Posted:
26/04/2011 03:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

NN try reading the thread for petes sake before jumping in.

I have no issue at all with someone seeking an english speaking accountant. My issue was with the reply from TRNCvictim. Try reading it. What is loaded about the first posters question ? Why does TRNCvictim talk about 'do you want an honest accountant' ?

My problem is with this SECOND post by TRNCvictim and the implied idea that the reason the first poster wants an english speaking accountant is NOT because they themselves speak english and thus and english speaking accountant would make perfect sense, but the idea that they want an english speaking one because that would mean an honest one.

snd1966

Message Posted:
26/04/2011 06:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

http://www.tatarandco.com/tco/en/company_partners.aspx

fevzi adanir girne 0392-8158645

snd1966

Message Posted:
26/04/2011 06:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/48473.asp

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.