North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pets - Another plea for homes for kittens
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pets - Another plea for homes for kittens

Pets - Another plea for homes for kittens

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

Ceylan

Message Posted:
27/04/2011 23:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

One of the cats I feed has today brought her 2 cute kittens to me. They are a bit wary of me so far but given a couple of days I’m sure they will be just like mum who is very affectionate and purrs like mad when I make a fuss of her, she’s not much more than a kitten herself. She and they just want someone to love them, care for them and, of course, feed them. They have been in my garden all day, now it is night and they are all still there, mum desperately wants to come indoors, as soon as I open the door she’s in even before I can get out. I’ve been watching them play in the relative safety of my garden this afternoon without a care in the world but I fear for their future. I’d love to take them in but my two male ex-street cats don’t get on with her and she doesn’t like them either. Besides, I’m returning home permanently at the end of September and I’m taking my two with me – hang the cost, they are my responsibility! ... continued

Ceylan

Message Posted:
27/04/2011 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

continued ... If anyone can find room in their home and in their heart to take either or both of the kittens who are 10 weeks old, or even mum, as a lifetime commitment, please let me know. If not, I will continue to feed them along with all the others. The best I can do for them is to get mum spayed and the kittens, once I find out whether they are male or female! At least they won’t be producing lots more kittens, there are too many unwanted, unloved cats on the streets as it is. Here are a couple of photos, they have been taken through glass so not as clear as they could be.

http://postimage.org/image/156t7cwas/

http://postimage.org/image/156y5yxs4/

http://postimage.org/image/156ztia9w/

Ceylan

Message Posted:
28/04/2011 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

And the first thing I saw when I looked out this morning: all three fast asleep at the back of my garden clearly they'd been there all night and garden is becoming home.

If anyone can give these guys a permanent home please leave me a message

Thanks

Gill

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
28/04/2011 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Good luck with finding them homes. Unfortunately a lot of us here have not only our own animals, but the garden ones as well, that arrive as strays, and we feed them, and of course they stayed. The best you can do if you can't find them homes, is get mum done as soon as the kittens can be left for a night, and then get the kittens done when they are old enough.

Ceylan

Message Posted:
28/04/2011 14:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Yes Stella I know the problems here and it is a forlorn hope that I can find homes for them but if I don't ask then there is absolutely no hope ...

Ceylan

Message Posted:
29/04/2011 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

back to the top

erolz

Message Posted:
29/04/2011 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

At some time between midnight and 6am last night some kind person snuck into our front garden and kindly desposited a 3-4 week old kitten, placing them in an empty wire cage that was on our front proch. Not the first time this has heppend either.

Zoots

Message Posted:
29/04/2011 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Many would argue the kindest thing is to drown them. I've never done it and I'm not condoning it, but the problem is way out of hand due to people's ignorance and irresponsibility over neutering. Plus the lack of any official and cohesive government action leaves it to individuals to do what they can to improve conditions for people and for the animals themselves.

Ceylan

Message Posted:
29/04/2011 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

How could anyone think of drowning these cuties

http://postimage.org/image/2fetfqyg4/

http://postimage.org/image/2fev3aaxw/

However I will be taking them to the vet next week to get mum spayed and see what is needed for the kitties.

Erol what are you going to do about the kitten?

erolz

Message Posted:
30/04/2011 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Ceylan we will do what we always do I guess. Try and get it fed and healthy and with luck homed.

Here is a piccy by the way

http://www.visionmatters.co.uk/cyprus/scampi1.jpg

We do already have alot of animals that are 'ours' as well as some 'guests', as ususal, that are living here but we tell ourselves are not 'ours' in the hope of finding them homes. It's just one more addition.

This is what we came down one morning to find in our back garden quite a few years back now.

http://www.visionmatters.co.uk/cyprus/rupert1.jpg

He is fine now and very much one of 'ours' now. One of the many.

lionel

Message Posted:
30/04/2011 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

some people should be shot for treating animals so badly !!!

Ceylan

Message Posted:
30/04/2011 12:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Lionel - Perhaps we should just drown them instead!

As an animal lover (particularly cats) I find it quite difficult to live here. My first house cat was rescued from being kicked around by men in my friend's work place. He is one of the cats coming home with me in September, the other one was deserted by his mum when he was about 5 weeks old, and then stolen when he was 5 months old by a local family while I was away last Christmas (my cats were being looked after by my friend). He was dumped on my doorstep a month later presumably because he had by then become very ill, he was very thin and obviously badly treated; after many vet visits it took around 2 months to get him fit again.

So I guess, along with the other cats that turn up, I'll continue to take care of them all but I worry what will happen when i return to UK permanently in September.

lionel

Message Posted:
30/04/2011 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Drown them !!! so cruel..

poor you, my wife is the same we have 2 indoor and 2 outdoor..the last one was found in the road only a few weeks old, wish i could take on more and help you out. keep advertising them someone may come to your rescue...Good luck....

Ceylan

Message Posted:
30/04/2011 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Thanks Lionel, I'll keep trying but I don't have too much hope.

Just in case anyone didn't quite get it - I meant drown those who treat animals badly - not drown the kitties ...

lionel

Message Posted:
30/04/2011 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

oh thats not cruel at all then if you dont find anyone , they may be ok Cats are quite resourceful, they hunt and scavenge, i will keep my ears open for you

Tango1

Message Posted:
30/04/2011 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Like you Erolz, there are times when I despair and say enough is enough. The cruelty of some of the people here is just totally off the scale of cruelty. Sometimes of course it's downright ignorance. I once asked a little boy whether he or his Mummy and Daddly put their dog in the shade and gave it lots of water to drink, particularly in the summer. The answer was "why" The boy was about 10 and the dog had not been released from the chain attached to a wire collar for at least three years. Needless to say the crap in the 6ft radius was beyond description.

Tango1

westender

Message Posted:
30/04/2011 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

We have two cats who live in the vicinity of our house, one has been there as a kitten & the other was dumped. They are very resourceful & always turn up when we arrive to have a few weeks of not worrying about finding food. We had them neutered & keep an eye on them as do our neighbours but they always look well fed! Unfortunately the father of the kitten was poisoned last year but his mum was taken to Germany for hopefully, a better life & both of them survived from kittenhood with few problems.

Ceylan

Message Posted:
02/05/2011 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Well its only one kitty now looking for a home.

The dark brown one disappeared late yesterday morning. He was there for breakfast and I saw him again around 11am peeping out from their hiding place under the tarpaulin which covers the logs. But when I put their next feed out around 2pm he was gone. I don't think mum knew until she called the kitties for food and only one came; when she realised one was gone she called for the rest of the day and evening, even this morning she was calling him.

I think someone took him, most of the neighbours were in their gardens Sunday morning - I just hope it was not the family who took one of my cats and kept him for a month as they absolutely have no idea how to care for a cat. I did ask neighbours to check sheds etc but, as before, no-one had seen anything ...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.