North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electricity Bill Problem
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electricity Bill Problem

Electricity Bill Problem

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Kibtek have made a mistake with my neighbour's reading - they managed to take the reading from another neighbour's meter which is higher, of course. The other neighbour hasn't got a bill at all. Neither neighbour live in Cyprus. I've got photos of both meters, clearly showing the current reading and the house number. What are the chances of Kibtek putting this right if I take in this bill plus previous bills for both houses and the photos? About 30% of the bill is at the highest rate. Anyone managed to get Kibtek to rectify this kind of problem without them saying 'Credit'?

Lilli

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

C.O.A, Whats the chances full stop. We went to pay final bill for restaurant, as someone else is taking over we are entitled to a refuund for the deposit on the meter. Well what a joke, Go to Leftkosia we are told. We did ok leave with us.Yeah right. We hoped they would take the final payment off the deposit. No you may have to wait 6 months for cheque they said. I wont hold my breath . Anyone ever got the deposit back please tell me how. x

Pippie

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

When I had a problem with the electric last year first I was told, "any problem is your problem, not ours", then "we don't give money back but we'll credit to another meter". When I went to Lefkoşa to try to sort things out then returned to Girne to tell them what they had said I was then told "you are in Girne, this has nothing to do with Lefkoşa, they have different rules". We gave up at the time but will be planning to take it up again and fingers crossed might get a result, but like you Lilli, I won't be holding my breath.

COA, if you find a helpful bod and get things sorted, please let us know.

rowlo

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

if they took reading from the wrong meter , surely it can be easily rectified , name and address will be on the bill ?

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

msg 1;

"What are the chances of Kibtek putting this right if I take in this bill plus previous bills for both houses and the photos?"

None,if the bills are not in your name.Not your problem to sort out,even if you are looking after the houses.Save yourself the trip and tell the owners.

stickle

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Get a Turkish speaking local to do it for you. After two years of trying ourselves they managed it in no time.

birdman

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

The meter number is on the bill .

The bill is for that meter.

If that meter is not your meter then it is not your bill.

Each house number has a numbered meter which must correspond to that bill.

Take both meter numbers from the meters with the current readings of each to the KIBTEK office in Girne, stating which house each meter is supplying.

rowlo

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

this takes me back to the people waiting for the gas bill ?

westender

Message Posted:
03/05/2011 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

A couple of years ago we had a wrong reading which gave us a huge bill. I took a picture of the meter & went to Kibtek in Girne. We were told to 'go to office up the stairs, next door'. They looked at the bill, made a note of the true reading, said 'no problem it will be corrected at next reading' & it was.

michelle3012

Message Posted:
04/05/2011 00:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Lili, My sister got her refund from Kibtek in Girne took about 2 months, i went in and they had it said we had 6 months to bank it! So it is possible, you need to go upstairs and talk to someone, the cheque is prepared in Lefkosia so maybe they did'nt make that clear. Good Luck x

karakum5c

Message Posted:
04/05/2011 01:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Dont do anything..............wait for them to come out next month and read meters again correctly this time, problem will solve itself.

You are allowed to be up to 3 months behind in your bills without action taken.

So simply put ignore and have an ice cold effes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ceylan

Message Posted:
04/05/2011 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Well I'm going back to UK permanently in September, what chance of me getting a refund and any idea when should I tell Kibtek I'm going?

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
04/05/2011 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to have a go tomorrow, nothing ventured, nothing gained. The bills are paid straight from the bank and their normal usage is around 50 units a month so it will take months to resolve plus most of the units have been charged at the highest rate. Okay, so the bill's not mine but they are my friends and I would like to think they would do the same for me.

Further bad news is that in trying to replace a spotlight bulb this morning something blew and there is a problem with all the lighting in the bottom half of the villa - and the fuse didn't trip!

So does anyone know of a qualified electrician in the Esentepe area.

TIA.

Maz

Message Posted:
05/05/2011 01:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

There seems to be several concepts on here. But if it helps, just to show that Kibtek are human - someone did not read our meter one month so the second month was horrendous as it was all lumped together with just a small allowance for the cheap rate.#

Going to the office in Girne and going upstairs next door, a nice man agreed there had been a mistake and told us to go back in a few days when the computer would be adjusted and we could pay the proper rate. We did, and we paid the proper amount for the two months.

and I don't speak much Turkish, but I do know some of the workers from years ago, so maybe a bit of foolish banter goes a long way.

Just be sure to smile and never 'accuse' . smiles can do wonders. good luck with the sorting.

Navek

Message Posted:
05/05/2011 01:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Hi come_on_aylin,

"So does anyone know of a qualified electrician in the Esentepe area. "

Electrician - Try Adam 0533 8499765

And if you need a plumber, try Ali 0533 8324349

both English speaking.

Good luck,

Navek

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
05/05/2011 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

I'm pleased to report that I had absolutely no problem getting this rectified this morning. In and out the office within 10 minutes and the first 5 minutes the guy who helped me was on the phone. They appreciated my explanation in 'Turkish' although their English was fine. I now have 2 new bills, one for each neighbour - they didn't seem to mind that neither of the bills were in my name.

Happy Days!

janjin

Message Posted:
05/05/2011 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

God bless you Eileen for looking after these person's Villa's.

We have a key holder and they are worth thier weight in Platinum.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.