North Cyprus Tourist Board - Help- I have a terrible handwriting
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Help- I have a terrible handwriting

Help- I have a terrible handwriting

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

elko2

Message Posted:
04/05/2011 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

My bad handwriting is almost legend. Once my physics teacher remarked: Ismet's handwriting is similar to the marks left behind by a fly that fell into a bottle of ink and then crawled on paper.

I had inherited some land with water rights in Lefka. I was not interested in agricalture and sold it off to a friend and I wanted to transfer my water rights to my sister. So I wrote the necessarry instruction on paper and gave it to her to give it to the Water Commission. They thought that my sister was having them on. They remarked. "Your brother is an educated man and this handwriting cannot belong to him". So they refused to register the water rights in her name. I had to print my instructions, sign it and have it approved by a Certifying Officer.

Yesterday I had to write a couple of sentences by hand and my friend could not believe it. "This does not look like a handwriting at all" he remarked. At that point my phone rang. the gentleman calling me was from the Development Bank. They could not read one of my invoices and wanted to know what it was for. I told them that it was for a static voltage regulator and not a printer as they thought. It did not resemble a printer. "but it does not look like a regulator either" he retorted. Ah well, now you know.

ismet

elko2

Message Posted:
04/05/2011 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Many years ago when my daughter was a young girl learning to write, her teacher approached me during the parents' day and complained about her bad handwriting. I asked for a piece of paper and wrote a few words. Then I passed it on to my wife and she did the same. The teacher had a quick glance and then said. "It must be hereditary. I am not going to press your daughter any more on this".

ismet

gooligan

Message Posted:
04/05/2011 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

) ) )

mamachina

Message Posted:
04/05/2011 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Ismet - you must have trained as a doctor - ready to write incomprehensible scripts! And then just changed tracks!!

yorgozlu

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Yeah,but can you actualy read your own writing Ismet abi?

Though my writing was not too bad,I had devoloped my own alphabet during my catering years in uk,whilst taking orders and having to do it quickly,to the point that my wife refers to me as ,can't even read his own writing!

Groucho

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Marion Richardson writing exercises were the order of the day when I was at school. They made for generations of legible handwriting. Not sure that they are used these days but they worked wonders then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Richardson

birdman

Message Posted:
04/05/2011 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Go and stand in the corner elko2 ! LOL

martinD41

Message Posted:
04/05/2011 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Gavin....She Also was a teacher of hand writing in Dudley and Winson Green.Prison ..... Must have been a bit "Challenging"......Given the colloquial dialect......

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
05/05/2011 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Try using a broad nibbed fountain pen.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.