North Cyprus Tourist Board - One sensible TC wrote this about TRNC!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > One sensible TC wrote this about TRNC!

One sensible TC wrote this about TRNC!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
06/05/2011 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

It would do well for TC's [preferably 'The Powers That Be'], and foreigners, alike, to read, or re-read this truthful and pragmatic article:

http://www.northcyprusdaily.com/news/Opinion/Failed-Government-Failed-Political-System-350922.asp

One is compelled to ask: 'Has anything changed, or likely to?'

erolz

Message Posted:
06/05/2011 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Good article imo. And no I dont think much has changed since it was written though there is still hope for change. I believe more and more TC are appreciating the realites pointed out in this article and certainly Turkey is forcing some change externaly with austerity measures, but there is still a long long way to go and proably much 'pain' to be born before there is any serious light at the end of the tunnel.

elko2

Message Posted:
06/05/2011 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

In UK, 100,000 people for every MP. so by tyhis logic we should have two and half MPs. OK, make it three, no problem. One will be the leader of the house, the second one will be the government (on his own) and the third one will be the leader of the opposition. Yes, a very sensible article

ismet

newlad

Message Posted:
06/05/2011 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

An excellent article,written from the heart.I would love to see a response from the so called politicians that are squeezing the last drop of blood out of Northern Cyprus.The piece is a cry for help,unfortunateley it will probably fall on deaf ears,

Paul.

beachsidebum

Message Posted:
06/05/2011 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Excellent article.

erolz

Message Posted:
06/05/2011 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Ismet I do not think the author is suggesting a 3 MP parliament. I think they use the comparative example to highlight a point. There is no doubt in my mind that post 74, with a shattered economy both North and South but more so in the North, the creation of large numbers of public sector jobs was necessary means to getting a functioning economy going again. However the problem is once created public sector jobs are very hard to get rid off, especially when close to half or more than half of the elcttorate are in public sector jobs or dependent on the income from them. I am a believer in the public sector, but not without limit and I do believe that the public sector in the TRNC is too large and too inefficent and can not be justifed in terms of the value for money that it provides vs the cost. I understand the historic reasons as to how we came to this point but am not sure of how we move on to a better balance and I do fear a period of 'pain' similar to what the UK went

[cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
06/05/2011 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

under thatcher in the 80's will sooner or later have to happen in the TRNC. THese were devisive and polarising times in the UK, with body armoured police on horses clashing with strikers in violent and bloody confrontations. I hope we can find a way to a better balance in the TRNC without such 'pain' and without a disproporionate burded of suffering on the weakest in our society as I felt happened in the UK under thatcher, but I fear we can not.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
06/05/2011 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

"What I propose is not an overnight solution. It is a solution that will take us a generation to achieve but the path is the right one if we want our grandchildren to live as Turkish Cypriots, free, prosperous and as equals to their Greek Cypriot neighbors in a united Cyprus. "

So,we need to wait for another generation?...........37 years on!!!!!

Bigoz's words spring to mind............'we won't see a solution in Cyprus in our lifetime'

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.