North Cyprus Tourist Board - Taking dog on holiday to South
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Taking dog on holiday to South

Taking dog on holiday to South

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

Redwine

Message Posted:
08/05/2011 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Any one know if the greeks will let a dog into south. All injections upto date.

Poor thing needs a holiday and thought would be nice to show her what the south is like. (Probably want to come straight back anyway)

beeches

Message Posted:
08/05/2011 09:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

No you can't take dogs across to the Greek side.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
08/05/2011 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

If you succeed in getting your dog across the border, the Greek Cypriots will cheerfully shoot it for you - ouch!

Perhaps KAR should take a van-load across, rather than releasing them on the streets to die a lingering death of deprivation and suffering.

That would give GC border control a bit of a shock - 'Gamoti skilo mou!'

martinD41

Message Posted:
08/05/2011 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

The trouble is Ten, KAR are "Full to the Gunnel's,"..I believe that there "Tag and Release" is the only thing left for them to do!!........And is far away from my Idea of "Animal Rescue"more an act of desperation......The Dogs are not regularly monitored or Health Checked ( Wormed,Frontline Treated),and often just simply starve to death......

blade

Message Posted:
08/05/2011 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Firstly our neighbours in the south are Greek Cypriots not Greeks.

Then how do you know they will shoot a dog if you take it over there. Do you have some proof of what you are saying? Back up your statement or retract it!

tomsteel

Message Posted:
08/05/2011 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Seek 'accurate' information from both the RoC and TRNC respective authorities to ascertain if dogs are 'legally' permitted to cross the border in either/both directions. Then you will have the correct advice. I have heard it is not permitted, but having never attempted to do it, I am not best placed to advise. I have close expat friends, with dogs, who live in Paphos and they were told it was not possible to transit the crossings with dogs.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
08/05/2011 22:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

I wonder if the foxes, cats and rats, that 'cross the border' several times a day, have 'pet passports'?

Surely it's past time the Cyps. of both sides made this law!

What a load of 'political tit-for-tat b*ll*cks' it all is!

A friend of mine who'd brought her dogs with her [all pet passport legal] from RoC, soon had a gutsfull of TRNC and wanted to take her dogs back after 18 months - she got a friend to bring anaesthetic from an RoC vet [friend] and injected both dogs and covered them with her coat. Luckily she got through Metehan and across and away without incident.

She told me that a TC had advised her that she could get through with them by going to a 'certain house' on the 'Green Line' which was not separated by 'No Man's Land' - i.e., straight from North to South and unpatrolled. However, yes, you guessed it right first time - the TC wanted some absolutely exhorbitant sum for allowing her to 'avail herself of his facility!'

Marion

Message Posted:
08/05/2011 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Whatever one may be able to achieve by foul means, the fair means is that you can't! It is illegal to take animals from one side to another. What the birds of the air, foxes and other wild beasties may do is one thing, but what we two legged folk do with our four legged friends is another.

Just ask KAR for confirmation.

Actually a similar thread has been on here before, with some of the usual (unnecessary) banter but sadly it is a no no. i would LOVE to take my dog to Limassol and walk around my old haunts, and I don't think for a moment that anyone in the south would shoot her (she has relatives over there - other cypriot poodles) but she wouldn't be allowed to get that far.

Maybe one day.............who knows................but not yet.

ronie

Message Posted:
09/05/2011 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Is this stupid or what??

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
09/05/2011 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Prolonging this sort of antagonism, in the fervent hope that the outside world will take a blind bit of notice, is patently pathetic and simply reflects a retarded mentality!

It's a reciprocal challenge of: 'You can stick your dog's nose up my dog's arse!'

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.