North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sea Vistas Catalkoy North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sea Vistas Catalkoy North Cyprus

Sea Vistas Catalkoy North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Sea Vistas Apartments Catalkoy North Cyprus property review

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

bazzagirl

Message Posted:
10/05/2011 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

The maintenence contract at Sea Vista runs out at the end of June any companies interested in tendering for this please leave contact details and I will pass them on to one of our committee. Professional companies only please

Tuttut

Message Posted:
10/05/2011 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Bazzagirl

Why would you wont to put sea vista out to tender? i was up there at the weekend and it looks like to management company up there now, is doing a great job. Pool looks great and gardens look fantastic.

All management companies are as bad as each other, looks like you have a good one there.

Good luck with your search!

aida11

Message Posted:
10/05/2011 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

hi bazzagirl,

i know a company that may be interested, what email address should be used?

Thank you

billybob

Message Posted:
10/05/2011 16:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Hmmm why do i smell a rat ?

bazzagirl

Message Posted:
10/05/2011 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Tendering by law is compulsory, which as yet has never happened at our site i only have the best interests of the site in mind.

Billybob DITTO

Tuttut

Message Posted:
10/05/2011 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Ok did not realise that tendering for a contract is compulsory?

just seems like in your other posts you seem to have problems with your committee and your management company, if i lived on there i would be really happy the way the site looks, you should go and see some of the sites on this island some of them are a right mess.

p.s don't mean to pry into your business, was just intrigued why you would wont to change.

michelle3012

Message Posted:
10/05/2011 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

I thought your site had been to tender in the past as Jepa Estates were the management company originally and the First Consult took the tender the following year...??

keith

Message Posted:
10/05/2011 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

I think it is good to go to tender keeps the M.C on there toes as they will have to keep been on top of the game or lose the site.

And it may make some of that not so good M.C. pull up there socks

Keith

clairegordon

Message Posted:
10/05/2011 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

In my opinion reading the various threads about complex's /shared amenities places, many issues come down to three things

1/ expats with personality clash problems against somebody or a company because things are not to their liking, even if in a small minority.

2/ people not paying fees timeously, thus causing maintenance companies cash flow problems.

3/ peoples expectation levels are too high for the payments being made for service level agreements.

To qualify my last point, from what I gather the average annual maintenance fees in the TRNC on a complex are in the region of £800, plus another approximate £200 for local taxes, eg: bin uplift etc. total around £1000, for this you expect to get the grounds maintained, the pools regularly cleaned, the communal areas kept clean etc. and the rubbish disposed of, this is still a heck of a lot cheaper than the average council tax we all have to pay in the UK, so why do some of you continue to baulk at making the payments

Continues

clairegordon

Message Posted:
10/05/2011 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

If you were not prepared to pay, why oh why did you purchase on a communal estate.

And yes I have heard all the arguments about unfinished places etc. but that is the norm here not only for estates but for private villas as well, and is not the fault of any Maintenance company.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 07:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

I agree Msg 9 just one point we do pay the equivalant of council tax too which is supposed to be for rubbish collection so in a small way we pay twice for one service. I live on a complex and all we ask is for residents to pay towards the pool and garden upkeep.Its a constant struggle to get the money but who are the first to moan if the pool is not clean so all the family can use it at the weekend? Yes youve guessed the non payers.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 07:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

How do they think all the table chairs parasols etc are paid for by magic? When there is a problem with pool mechanics where does the money come from for repairs? They must live in cloud cuckoo land.

NCMan

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 07:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Come on Admin do you not think that this thread has been hammered, people are getting bitchy now.

billybob

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

NCMan, this thread has been reasonable up to now and deniz1 has a valid point, message 11 claire pointed out in message 9 that there was an extra charge for bin uplift eg rubbish collection, most m/c have a scope of works which is usually agreed with the committee at the outset, that is of course if there is a properly elected committee.

It was interesting to note the point Geoff made on the now closed thread about peoples regrets, how true, humility is something that some find impossible to possess.

If any maintenance company is to tender for a site they will probably do their research first, and I must agree that First consult do a good job and if the majority on Sea vistas are happy then they will stay.

I really do hope that you are not in a small minority bazzagirl or you may well end up making a rod for your own back

Deniz1

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Thank you billybob i was not aware that i was being bitchy !

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.