North Cyprus Tourist Board - How Far To Nicosia from Tatlisu By Car?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > How Far To Nicosia from Tatlisu By Car?

How Far To Nicosia from Tatlisu By Car?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

sunnygal81

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hi

My husband and I are going to be staying in a friends rental apartment in Tatlisu in June but we are having IVF treatment in Nicosia and so we will need to travel back and forth a few times - could anybody tell me roughly how long it would take to get from Tatlisu to Nicosia by car?

Many thanks

the butler

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hi sunnygal81,

I would allow one and a half hours, it can be busy early mornings once you reach Kyrenia. It may be quicker going over the new mountain road but I have never tried this way.

The butlers wife

mint1955

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

We went from Tatlisu last week over the mountain and its approx 45 minutes.

japeal

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 16:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Do not go via Kyrenia, would cost you twice as much and take twice as long. Go over the mountain from Tatlisu as tho you are going to Ercan, then take the road to Lefkosa. Will take approx 40 to 50 minutes, look out for speedcams quite a few on the route on the Lefkosa Road.It is approx 55km to the State Hospital.

sunnygal81

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Hi the butlers wife

Thank you so much for your response, thats a great help.

I'm still trying my best to find alternative accommodation to be honest, preferably in Kyrenia, as we didnt actually plan on staying in Tatlisu (just havent been able to find anywhere else with the availablility at short notice), dont get me wrong it looks like a beautiful area, its just a bit of a long haul to be making 3 hour return journeys for each visit to the fertility centre :(

I better get myself sorted out one way or the other pretty soon as we are arriving in cyprus on the 21st of May (staying for 5 weeks - cant wait, i wont want to return to the UK)!!!

Best wishes

japeal

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

sunnygal81,

We have been living near Tatlisu just over 3 years, wife had to keep going to hospital due to broken leg yes a fair trip every time, but was always nicer travelling from here than Kyrenia. YOu can go the way I have already said, you can also go up through the mountains up in Esentepe, over the mountains near Acapulco turn off, scenary always beautiful and different, you can also stop at many local restaurants for snacks and it does help make the journies a very good trip.

sunnygal81

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Hi japeal

Thank you for your advice, you are right, it definitely is worth taking the scenic route for any journey and as you said, it makes it so much nicer. We could make each trip to the fertility centre into a nice day out.

Best wishes

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.