North Cyprus Tourist Board - Bingo at the Watermill Hotel
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Bingo at the Watermill Hotel

Bingo at the Watermill Hotel

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See Up and Comings Events in TRNC on North Cyprus Events Calendar

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

LaLola

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Somebody called up for 2 lines today and the caller said that because the next number was showing on the 'board' she couldn't accept the call BUT she hadn't called the next number yet and the only reason the number was showing on the board was because there's another lady who pushes the button on the board and she'd pushed for the next number even though the caller hadn't called it yet - not even started to call it. She wouldn't accept the call. Then during the same game somebody else called up and the next number was AGAIN showing on the board but she allowed that call!! That caller swore at us all before Christmas saying if we didn't like what she was saying we could all *)("£$//! off so I'm gonna do that. She can't treat people like that. The call today had nothing to do with me, I didn't lose any money, but I'm still so very angry at what she did. Somebody there said that she didn't like to woman who called up the first time so made an excuse so she didn't win. Who wants it, eh

Brinsley

Message Posted:
11/05/2011 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

How low can bingo get?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

LaLola

Message Posted:
14/05/2011 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

10) No ball is official until the number has been announced by the Caller. A ball appearing on the monitor is NOT OFFICIAL until announced by the caller.

11) A call of Bingo will be honoured and the winner PAID until the number of the next ball drawn has been called. No call of Bingo will be honoured after an announcement has been made that Bingo has been called.

j200mey

Message Posted:
14/05/2011 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

your all sad

j200mey

Message Posted:
15/05/2011 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Bingo at the watermill, J200mey, is Jim Toomey, not to be confused, with the caller who has the same initial

bondi

Message Posted:
15/05/2011 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

I know it must be very frustrating as well as loss making when Bingo callers do not adhere to the accepted rules - I must admit when I read this, I was surprised, as it used to be very well run and the pay outs were fairly good although the costs of the cards and books were not cheap. Anyway if this is the way Bingo at the Watermill has gone it might be an idea for another bar/hotel to start up a Bingo session that does play by the rules, and doesnt personalise the procedure, after all there are plenty of places only looking for a lucrative attraction to bring in the customers.

LaLola

Message Posted:
15/05/2011 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

I am not sad.

Bingo has rules. Anybody running bingo should apply those rules fairly to everybody, not change the rules as and when they feel like it.

I have been at the bingo when somebody has called up when the number is on the board but has not been called yet and that caller has refused the claim. Then last week she wouldn’t pay out because the next number was on the board.

There has been so much talk about what happened last Wednesday. Not on here but people have been gossiping. They say they will keep going to bingo until the jackpot goes then not go any more because its not a fair game being played.

The caller should stand up on Wednesday and say that a mistake was made the week before and that she will be paying the woman who should have been paid the week before. That should make some sort of amends.

I am not sad.

This is not funny.

The bingo caller should be told she will not be needed any more and leave it to the other lady who is fair.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
15/05/2011 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Whatever next cheating at Bingo I thought it was a perfect place to live.

Namps

Message Posted:
15/05/2011 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Messgae 1. If you are a regular at the bingo you know that the caller was going back to uk for medical treatment the following day so think the best thing would have been to take it up with her on the day rather than make an issue of it in her absence,then everyone else that goes can make their own decision as to whether they wish to return. The reason for the issue at xmas was again because she was returning for medical treatment and the other lady caller was also going to hospital for an operation so the bingo was postponed till new year,but the winning of the jackpot was the greater issue for those that couldnt attend then.As you have stated there has been a lot of GOSSIP since wednesday,and thats what most people do best.The caller is a straight talking person but not vindictive

LaLola

Message Posted:
15/05/2011 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

The caller was wrong in what she did. Why would I have it out with her after bingo. I am sure she would have bullied me and told me to (*^% off. If she is having treatment for an illness that is very unfortunate for her but it doesn’t alter the fact that she did wrong – and I think she knows that. It is not ok for her to swear at people. What does medical treatment have to do with the way she treats people. The issue is that she ignored a call and would not admit that she was wrong in doing so. She, not me, should have made it right on the day.

philbailey

Message Posted:
15/05/2011 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

I think the ECHR would be interested in this

Namps

Message Posted:
16/05/2011 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Think you have chosen pieces from my comment and twisted it,I was not making her illness an excuse just that if you are regular you knew she was leaving you could have faced her with it.If she had swarn at you judging by your strong comments you could have managed to deal with that it a civilised way!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.