North Cyprus Tourist Board - which crossing is ideal to get to dhekelia from alsancak?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > which crossing is ideal to get to dhekelia from alsancak?

which crossing is ideal to get to dhekelia from alsancak?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

dwr6rtr

Message Posted:
14/05/2011 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

which crossing to the south is ideal to get to dhekeli from alsancak please? how long would it take roughly to get there?.

the butler

Message Posted:
14/05/2011 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Hi,

I would use the Pyla crossing, as Dhekeli is quite close. From Esentepe it takes about an hour, so I would say an hour and a half from Alsancak. Looking at the map I think it would be quickest for you to go to Lefkosia and take the road to Famagusta. When you get to Dortyol turn right, carry straight on until you get to the Pyla crossing. When you cross over to the south, it is signposted.

The butlers wife

LaptaGeezer

Message Posted:
14/05/2011 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Spot on Butler's Wife.... agree with the timescale too. Signposted as 'Beyarmudu' and/or Pyla once you get close.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
14/05/2011 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Beyarmudu (TC) or Pergamos (SBA & TC). No crossing, except for UN Forces, in Pyla. Once through the Beyarmudu crossing head straight on for Pyla. You will pass a sports stadium on the right (Pyla Spor), take the next left. Pass a white large building on your left (SBA Prison) a small garage on your right, pass over the Kingsfield Airstrip runway and follow road to T Junction with a white building (SBA Police HQ) on your right. Turn left, then 1st right - Dhekelia SBA is now on your right. Where are you goping in Dhekelia and I can direct you further?

tomsteel

Message Posted:
14/05/2011 17:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Sorry, Pergamos should read "SBA and RoC GC". Travel time depends upon time of your journey - allow 2 hrs if in rush hour as Lefkosa-Gazimagusa road is a nightmare in rush hour periods.

dwr6rtr

Message Posted:
14/05/2011 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

thanx for those,i have not been back to dekhelia snce 1957, we transfered there from suez escapade. is there any chance of being able to get into the garrison.

Groucho

Message Posted:
14/05/2011 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Well you go through the main road in the SBA to get to Lambros and their wonderful fish and chips. The 'Poachers' are stationed there at the moment.

Texas

Message Posted:
14/05/2011 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

dwr6rtr

You have email.

PS. Even though Groucho is a Man U supporter. He is correct about the wonderful Fish and Chips!

tomsteel

Message Posted:
14/05/2011 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Ref msgs 6 -8 above. To get into the Garrison you must have a serving sponsor stationed there. To get to CESSAC Beach/Lambros you will have to: turn left at SBA Police HQ, 1st right and follow garrison perimeter wire (on right hand side) past North Entrance, SBA Court, Fire Station, down hill (cemetery on left) to the roundabout. 2nd exit, keep garrison on right, past beach sign on left, speed bumps, South gate on right, then next left into car park. CESSAC Beach, shop, fish 'n chip restaurant all there, but check times if you want to eat there.

Poachers are Resident Battalion in Alexander Barracks, which is outside the HQ complex.

Hope this helps. I was stationed there and still have serving contacts there.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.