North Cyprus Tourist Board - Hello, I need help because Mom cat and three kittens!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Hello, I need help because Mom cat and three kittens!!

Hello, I need help because Mom cat and three kittens!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

moespm

Message Posted:
16/05/2011 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

I took in a mom cat and three of her kittens about 3 weeks ago. They are probably 6 weeks old. I couldn't turn my back on them when she brought them to my door. Now I think I have fleas. I don't think they are bed bugs because I don't see them. Any suggestions on how I could get rid of the fleas. Someone told me to wash and over dry the clothes to burn them. Does this work? Does anyone know where there is a self-laundry mat?

PLEASE HELP!!

Tango1

Message Posted:
16/05/2011 10:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

First thing is to stop the fleas on the cat and kittens because you can remove them from yourself and bedding etc., but if they are not clean then the problem will keep occuring. Bed bugs are a different matter altogether if you even suspect that may be the problem but as you can't see them, then it probably isn't.

Tango1

lionel

Message Posted:
16/05/2011 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

are the kittens too young to be treated with flea stuff???, i think its dangerous, i thought it had to be an injection from the vet ?

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
16/05/2011 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Rosemary, thyme, peppermint, cedar and lemongrass essential oils dropped on the back of a cat's neck (so they can't lick it) may help, as fleas are naturally repelled by strong scents, and these oils have proven to be relatively safe for use on cats. You could also try a teaspoon of brewer's yeast in their food once a day, as this will make the cat's blood taste less appealing to the fleas. If the cats or kittens react to any of the above adversely, obviously discontinue. Depending on the size of the kittens, perhaps ask a vet their advice on the brewers yeast.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.