North Cyprus Tourist Board - Kyrenia Animal Rescue
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Kyrenia Animal Rescue

Kyrenia Animal Rescue

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

lesleyd

Message Posted:
21/09/2007 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi All

After just arriving back home from North Cyprus, I am appealing to all the animal loves out there.

While we was in Cyprus we visited the Kyrenia Animal Rescue to do a little dog walking and to try and help out in any way that we could, and also took a few bits and bobs that we had managed to scrounge from the local pet shops from where we live in the UK. I would just like to say firstly that the guys that run the centre are doing a fantastic job but needless to say they are well under staffed, all the work that they are doing is entirely voluntary, they have well over three hundred dogs and cats to care for, yes some people go to take the dogs for walks, but its more help these guys need even if its just taking a collection box out and standing out side the super markets they are in desperate need of more donations just a few pounds helps towards vet bills and food, even sponsor a cat or dog or better still please adopt one all these animals have so much love to give its really unbelievable. If anyone calls at the animal rescue and you think that your not being made welcome please remember the guys that are running the centre are all really pleased that you have called but they are so busy and so under staffed they just don't have enough hours in a day to stand and chat.

Even though we are in the UK we try and help out as much as possible we do the web site plus appeal for sponsors in the uk, we are also in the process of trying to get the guys a couple of computers donated as the ones they already have are out of the ark and run far to slow.

If there is anyone out there that might have some good ideas on how to get donations for the rescue or any kind of donations please feel free to put any suggestions forward.

I am hoping to get quite a good response to this posting so come on all you animal lovers please try and give a few hrs of you time a week to the animal rescue

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
22/09/2007 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

lesleyd

We are leaving for TRNC today, we are equipped with dog collars & plan to walk the dogs & help out in any way we can. Keep up the good work.

P & J

alanka

Message Posted:
23/09/2007 02:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

I wonder if they can set up something similar to what we have where I live in the UK? Morrissons and some other supermarkets have bins outside where you can drop off pet food and the animal sancturary here collects them every so often?

I don't live full time in the TRNC, so it's unfair for me to have a pet, but would love to 'adopt' one, but what are the details? We also have a business there and it would be nice to set up something that visitors can donate to. In Florida there are loads of wild cats, and we could buy t-shirts with "I love cats" (or similar on) and the profit went to an organisation that supported the wild cats - not really wild - fed a mum and kittens for the few weeks we were there, then one day brought along 'Dad' (I assume) - he was so big he scared the life out of us......

Perhaps some of us could 'pet-share' and adopt one pet and take turns in being responsible for it's keep for say, 3 months of the year, each?

TONIP

Message Posted:
23/09/2007 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

We are leaving the U.k. at the end of October to live in N.C. and as l will have plenty of time on my hands, at least l hope l will. l would love to help out . l had already made my mind up to offer my services, dog walking but l don"t mind getting stuck in cleaning kennels etc., as much as l"d love to keep a dog or cat we will be living in our apartment at first so it wouldn"t be fair to keep a pet, but l shall certainly look into adopting one or two and paying for its keep.

lesleyd

Message Posted:
23/09/2007 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

What a great idea alanka and thank you so much for such a positive response if you visit the animal rescue web site and get intouch with one of the guys from there I am sure that they would let you know, how you could help out.

While we was out there we took the dogs for walks, and what touched me more than anything was I have been quite poorly for a long time but now I am back on my feet once again but have to take things quite slow at the moment, but as we was walking the 5 dogs I had to keep stopping to sit down, my husband and the 5 dogs was way ahead of me but two of the dogs kept coming back to sit and wait for me and kept licking my face as much as to say hey are you ok, they never left me until I was back on my feet and walking with them again as you can imagine I didn't want to take them back to the centre.

And this is why I feel so strongly about these animals all they want is love and someone to call there own they have so much love to give and ask for so little in return.

lesleyd

Message Posted:
23/09/2007 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

That sounds great Tonip and I am sure that you will be well, rewarded by the two dogs or cats that you adopt they are all so full of love, as we will be coming back out in May we hope to meet you when we get together with the animal rescue guys once again who I am sure you will get along great with them all as they are a great bunch of guys.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.