North Cyprus Tourist Board - How long do Universal Bank take to issue debit cards?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > How long do Universal Bank take to issue debit cards?

How long do Universal Bank take to issue debit cards?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
25/05/2011 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Just wondering, will pop in and ask in a few days. I was told 3 weeks by them a while back. Still waiting.

Wondering what other peoples experiences have been like.

delikomsu

Message Posted:
25/05/2011 07:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

We waited 3 months! Changed banks in the end.

nostradamus

Message Posted:
25/05/2011 08:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

As the Alsancak branch of Limassol Turkish is not far from you, why not try them? I've always found them very good - the two lads on the counter are very helpful and always go the extra mile for you if you have any problems. I applied for a card from them and they rung me about 4 days later to say they had it. Called in, chose my own pin number and that was it. Also, you can transfer money from a UK bank to them (if you have UK online banking) within 24 hours and with only a very small receiving charge at this end. No charges at the UK end. Very useful.

Groucho

Message Posted:
25/05/2011 08:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Nostradamus

Are the charges a percentage? Is that for transferring UK £ or TL?

Just interested as we have a branch of this bank in Esentepe now.

nostradamus

Message Posted:
25/05/2011 13:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

I normally transfer sterling from my UK bank to my sterling account at the Limassol Turkish. The Limassol have accounts (Stg/Euro/Dollar) with HSBC International in London. I make an online payment - free - from my UK bank which you need to set up as follows:

Sort code: 40.05.15

Bank: HSBC

Account: Limassol Turkish Cooperative Bank Ltd

Account No: (Stg A/c) 00167367

Reference: your name and account no. with Limassol

Money arrives in my account here the next day. Limassol make a very small charge for receiving - something like about 3 quid for 500 pounds, not sure what the actual percentage is. Cheap and quick. Beats paying UK banks money for overseas transfers anyway! Your branch of the Limassol should have little printed slips with these details on if you ask them.

nuttynora

Message Posted:
25/05/2011 22:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

msg 2 I think I might be joining you!! I ordered a credit card from Universal bank over 6weeks ago so that I could book flights on the internet. It only took 5 weeks for the card to arrive. I had explained to the clerk what I intended to use the card for. Yesterday I tried to book flights on the Pegasus web site - put the card details in only to have the transaction rejected with the reason - restricted card/only valid in the country of issue!! Contacted the bank to be told that I could only use 10% of my credit limit. Had to go back to the bank and fill in and sign ANOTHER form asking for 100% usage of my limit for internet shopping. Checked the web site for one of the flights I had intended to book and it's gone!! Complete incompetence on the clerks part. What's the chances of compensation from the bank??? Aye right.

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
26/05/2011 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

hmmmm. Sounds a bit dubious nutty. I must add to my original message that I went in about 2-3 weeks ago to see if my card was ready and they made me fill in some new bits of paper. I did say on opening the a/c I wanted a debit card.

delikomsu

Message Posted:
26/05/2011 08:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Our problem was with the Bogaz/Iskele branch of Universal on main Salamis road but sounds like they're all the same. We are now with Is Bank and got our cards within a week.

proger1

Message Posted:
26/05/2011 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Just to add two penneth woth, it might not matter which bank you go with as a credit card is issued by the credit card company not the bank.

I am not saying that some banks don't have more success getting cards from the credit company they are affiliated to but I have a cardplus card which I think 3 different banks use and my card took 5 weeks but when I got my wife a card on her own account it took about 10 days and it was the same bank and even the same supervisor who processed everything.

I could suggest my bank to you Mike but I can only recommend my branch which is brilliant and that is the wrong side for you so no point really.

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 02:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Paul, thanks for your post.

On a diferent matter, I have not used your site for ages because I got insulted in a bad way by a person for not still using chlorine in my pool and choosing not to use him because of his attiude.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.