North Cyprus Tourist Board - Renting out your property
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Renting out your property

Renting out your property

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

alanka

Message Posted:
23/09/2007 02:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I will have a 3 bedroom apartment (ok, according to developer, penthouse) to let out, has anyone any experience of letting out, and the link to a good letting agent?

stevie-d

Message Posted:
24/09/2007 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Try http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk could you let me know how you get on as I would like to let out my 3 bed villa in Karsiyaka. Iam still waiting for electricity( only been wating 2 years )

stevie-d

stevie-d

Message Posted:
24/09/2007 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Opps should have read ( only been waiting 2 years )

stevie-d

tarry123

Message Posted:
24/09/2007 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

My advise is make sure that whoever you let the property too has good refferences and pays a good deposit, if it is on a long term let. It is very difficult to get people out of your property here in the trnc if they dont want to move, and a contract is not worth the paper it is written on. The police dont really want to know and it could take months for an eviction by the courts. This rarely happens when renting to Brits as they dont want the hassle. You also have to pay 10% tax every month on the rental income or you can pay up front if you are not living here. Also found that on a holiday let charge whatever you think the rate should be plus electric, as it is amazing how people then turn the aircon off when they go out.

alanka

Message Posted:
24/09/2007 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks tarry123, good advice. I knew about the 10% rental tax that has just come in, think it a bit unrealistic to expect the owners to turn up in person to pay it on the X day of the month....

I just wanted to rent to holidaymakers, so may use a private site I know, and have had good results with - it's dialanexchange if anybody is interested, but mostly deal with exchange properties, but you can advertise your 'to let' anyway.

Re the laws here, we are making some staff redundant (they were useless - no work eithic) and gave them a month's notice, we fully intend to pay them whatever holiday pay they are due, and when asking the accountant's advice, he asked "Have you a written contract with them?", when we said no, his reply was "Pay them what the heck you like, or nothing at all if you don't want to". We will pay them holiday pay though, but they don't deserve it.

Sorry worked v hard all my life, and even when I did not like my job, gave it 100%, they didn't even bother. Yes, I know, sour grapes and all that, but I don't understand anyone who has the eithic "I'll do as little as I can if I can get away with it". Had a call from 2 of the staff tonight, suddenly panicking because they are on their last week, begging to be kept on (paid them well over the going rate only to find out they did things like - no can't do food tonight - equipment broken (load of tosh)), but told them they have to go - had it been the fault of the business, ie no customers in the area, rather than them sitting on rear end, smoking, drinking, and customers having to ask "Is there any chance we can have a drinkk" would be sympathetic. Sorry, rant over....

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.