North Cyprus Tourist Board - transferring sterling uk to trnc
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > transferring sterling uk to trnc

transferring sterling uk to trnc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

ajaney

Message Posted:
26/05/2011 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I would be grateful to know the quickest way to transfer sterling from the UK to North Cyprus. My bank here tells me that an international transfer can take up to 10 working days. Can cash be transferred by moneygram or any other methods?

Many thanks

nostradamus

Message Posted:
26/05/2011 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Ask your Turkish Cypriot bank whether they have any accounts with a UK bank. If they do, you would be able to transfer on line from your UK bank to theirs. The money should then arrive in your account here within a day or so and, as it will be treated as a normal UK credit transfer, it will be free at the UK end. Limassol and Iktisat are two banks here that you can definitely do this with, but there may be others.

ozkent

Message Posted:
26/05/2011 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

We used hsbc to transfer our stage payments from our account in England too girnie hsbc then we withdrew the money when we needed it. there is a small charge but it is fast and reliable.

ClareW

Message Posted:
26/05/2011 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

We use HSBC at both ends and the money is often in the TRNC account later the same day by telephone banking. Very easy especially once you have got it set up initially.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/05/2011 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

For small amounts I take sterling out of HSBC cashpoint machines here in TRNC, drawing on a UK nationwide account. There is no charge for such sterling withdrawals (yet) and no conversion rate involved. Cash is available 'instantly' , though of course subject to the daily limit for such withdrawals.

brightlights

Message Posted:
26/05/2011 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Any high st bank can make a SWIFT transfer to a foreign bank like Turkbank, cost is £25 per transfer...and approx 1.5% charges at this end. Turkbank have a "routing ISBN" at their UK branch which will direct the transfer, when used in conjunction with your account number, to a sterling account here. Transfer time for our bi-monthly transfers has been 4 days on average, best 3 and worst 5 days. This is our experience, and not an invitation to slag off Turkbank !

TonyE

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.