North Cyprus Tourist Board - Buying 2 bed apt rose garden Lapta
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Buying 2 bed apt rose garden Lapta

Buying 2 bed apt rose garden Lapta

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Lapta town

» See all North Cyprus Gardening threads posted so far

Bazpropper

Message Posted:
22/10/2008 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 29 in Discussion

Anyone with any info which could encourage /frighten us would be appreciated

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
22/10/2008 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Bazpropper

I have a place in lapta. It's a great area

Not sure what specific info you are after

Bazpropper

Message Posted:
22/10/2008 15:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 29 in Discussion

Hi ilovecyprus .

Been coming to the Island 8 years on holiday so know the areas fairly well .

Was looking for any one buying on same development to see how they are finding progress against promised and any horror stories which would make us reconsider .

billbob

Message Posted:
22/10/2008 15:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Bazpropper,

We have a three bedded apartment in Rose Garden, Lapta G6. We originally bought L4, a two bedded but later exchanged. Which apartment have you bought?

There are about 8 of us now on the site that are in touch through this forum. If you seach "Gilgamis Construction" you should find all the previous threads started by Winter.

The site has taken a very long time to progress, we originally bought 2 years ago, and are still in constant touch with Ahmet. We all are now hoping that everything will be finished in 5 months or so.

Have you been out recently then? Any further news also appreciated.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
22/10/2008 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 29 in Discussion

Good luck Bazpropper

Hope to bump in to you in lapta sometime

Bazpropper

Message Posted:
22/10/2008 15:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 29 in Discussion

Thanks ilovecyprus hope to be there sometime next year .

Billbob,

we were there last week and the first 3 blocks of 2 bed apt were almost complete apart from fitting bathrooms and builders clean and any snagging .there was a jcb on site but parked up and a couple of men floorlaying in I think f block.We are buying j2.No work has started yet on groundworks to pool or road,but maybe jcb is first sign ?.

To give a bit of background to bazpropper .

Retired chartered builder who did what it says on the tin- propped. As in old buildings with 3 floors prop take out floors and put in 5 whilst stood on one leg and whistling .The baz bit of course is for Barrie .

newscoop

Message Posted:
22/10/2008 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 29 in Discussion

Check your mains water. Somewhat short supply in Lapta (coastal side) at this time.

Sunny44

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Bazpropper

I have just joined the Forum and have purchased an apartment. Is the complex definitely going to be called "Rose Garden"? Do you really think complex will be ready for occupation in September 09?

Bazpropper

Message Posted:
09/04/2009 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 29 in Discussion

Hello Sunny 44,

I have to tell you that we pulled out of our purchase of said apartment .

We paid a deposit by transfer to Unwins but fortunately /unfortunately they gave us the wrong account number in Cyprus.

Hsbc got the money returned and put it in a sleeper account and we only found out 3 months later.

The apt was to be finished by November2008 [3months] ,We allowed 6months in our minds[March 2009],we understand the progress has been slow and we feel we are lucky to be out of the situation ..

The most annoying thing was that nobody would give definite figures for Transformer /electrical connection /water connection /taxes etc and to a Yorkie that is like a red rag to a bull .Solicitors wanted all fees up front ,and from what we can understand they work for the builder and not the client with no possible chance of getting justice if anything goes wrong .

properties appear cheap in N Cyprus but I feel only because of all the uncertainty

that exists.

Minter

Message Posted:
10/04/2009 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Sunny 44

this complex cannot be called Rose Garden, as there is a Rose Garden Holiday Village in the same road.

billbob

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Sunny

We have bought a three bed apartment in Rose Garden (Floss - we have been told it is to be called " Rose Garden Apartments" due to the fact that it is behind the Rose Garden Hotel).

Yes the site has taken a very long time, but having just returned most of the two beds are complete and the three's are getting there slowly. The complex is still a building site, but electricity is due to be installed in a month. If that actually happens who knows!, but we are back out again at the end of July.

Any further info you need please ask and I will try and help.

Sunny44

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 29 in Discussion

Hi

Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you-been busy but thanks for your comments. So now at least I know what the name of complex is going to be-thanks Billbob and Floss. I quite understand Bazpropper that you werent sorry purchase didnt go ahead-I have been so disappointed. Just found out that the water tanks are outside my bedrooms -spoiling view from windows of natural stone wall at rear of complex! Thought they would go on roof penthouse? Glad electricity might be on by now? Billbob do you hire a car-if so who do you use?

billbob

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 29 in Discussion

Hi all,

If you go into the Gilgamis website there are new photo's posted of the complex. Things are coming on slowly, very slowly!

Sunny, yes we do hire a car, I will check the name of the company for you and post again, as they also provide free transfers from Ercan airport, or charge £10 each way for Larnaca.

Which apartment have you bought?

LoopyLoo

Message Posted:
21/05/2009 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 29 in Discussion

Billbob,

I'm also interested in the car hire company. How much do you pay per day? We were planning to come with our car on the ferry but it looks as though we'll have too many visas and entry/exits to make it worthwhile. Anyway, if you can give me their contact details, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

billbob

Message Posted:
25/05/2009 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 29 in Discussion

Hi, the person we use for car hire is Ismail at aone.rentacar@yahoo.com. He is very helpful and as previously said charges very little for transfers, if at all. I believe in high season we are paying around £17 for a basic car.

Sunny44

Message Posted:
04/06/2009 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 29 in Discussion

Thanks Billbob - had trouble getting back into this site-wouldnt accept my password -seems okay now. We are buying 2 bed apartment Rose Garden on front of site. Thanks so much for car rental address. Just what I wanted. I will email him tomorrow. Planning on coming out end August for a couple of weeks. Do you live in Northern Cyprus permanently?

billbob

Message Posted:
05/06/2009 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Sunny,

I wish!, no we live in sunny (not!) Wales. We are back out to Lapta at the end of July for three weeks. Looks like we will be finding altervative accomodation again!!

ricky

Message Posted:
05/06/2009 15:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 29 in Discussion

billbob,

what do you mean with "alternative accomodation"?

billbob

Message Posted:
06/06/2009 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 29 in Discussion

What I mean is this will be the fouth time I have (stupidly!) booked our flights after believeing that our apartment will be finished in time again for our three week holiday. We will now be staying in a hotel nearby.

Sunny44

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Billbob

Bet you are cheesed off with flying out and finding it not ready but builder has now asked me for 3rd stage payment and says it will be ready in August - who knows. The swimming pool has definitely been started and the paving of site going ahead nicely - actually I am quite excited now as it is coming together. Still concerned about how much electricity and maintenance charges will be? Have you any definite figures? We used your car rental suggestion and they seem very professional - picking us up in August from Larnaca. Many thanks for that recommendation.

Have a good holiday in July.

billbob

Message Posted:
09/07/2009 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Sunny,

No we don't have any definate figures re maintenance yet, but have been told it would be around £50 a month? Think there are a couple of members out there at the moment, so hopefully they will update us on the site when they return home. Which apartment did you buy?

Cheers

Ruth

Sunny44

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 29 in Discussion

Just came back from Rose Garden Lapta apartments - met builder -had a few words with him!! Hardly anything done since last year. However I am told that at last swimming pool is tiled and last block of 6 front blocks is nearing completion-so should be ready by January I think.

AlexF065

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 29 in Discussion

erm

have you bought through Parteners Abroad? are there 6 blocks of 6 flats? with allocated parking and a large communial swimming pool starting price around 39K stirling? 3 bed garden apartments are a tad more?

as i have been sent details but no name? of the development

Sunny44

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 16:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 29 in Discussion

Yes sounds like ours - complex just behind Rosegarden restaurant -off an unmade road. Sorry not to have replied earlier not logged on. Still no electric/water -bought through Unwins.

Sunny44

Message Posted:
08/11/2009 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Ruth (Billbob-always thought you were going to be a bloke!)

Can confirm that only front 6 blocks will be using the pool but it is still small. Have you been asked by builder for money for putting on the electric? Boy do I regret buying this place!! I am in block K.

juliamoons

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 29 in Discussion

Site is nearing completion now. Landscaping starting to look good. My friend is out tomorrow to pick up her keys and her white goods are in. The large pole near the top in the middle carrying electric has been moved. The pool although nearly finished, needs railings. Pool needs to be activated/cleaned, not sure that will happen until full electric installation completed. The blocks near the entrance are not completed yet, but are moving ahead at a pace.

billbob

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 29 in Discussion

Thanks juliamoons, just noticed your message! I have had a report showing that things are progressing so we are hoping to be in at the end of July. Did you say your friend has had her white goods delivered? That is all I am waiting on from Ahmet now then I can get my apartment cleaned and furniture put in. What block is your friend in and do you know if she has arranged a builders clean with anyone?

Cheers for the update, it helps keep all our spirits up!

Ruth

billbob

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 29 in Discussion

Anyone seen or heard of Juliamoons please? Would like to contact her if she wouldn't mind regarding the above site. E-mail address is not shown.

juliamoons

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 29 in Discussion

Our friends have just gone back. They spent a week in their flat which is one of the 2 bedroom blocks down near the end of the site. Whilst there they managed to get a fair amount of snagging done. They were told that Kibtek would be in next Wednesday to start sorting out checking the electrics. The only thing my friend Vale complained bitterly about was the fact that the washing machine was a silver grey colour all other items being white. The site is starting to look good now with lots of planting etc being done. If you would like any more information email me on julia.simmonds@gmail.com

Hi BillBob my friends have cleaned their own apartment and to be honest it was not that bad. Couple of days scrubbing out was good enough. Not sure if you want to go to the cost of a builders clean. But you will find loads of paint spots on the windows and kitchen units etc., the odd broken tile here and there. They have got one of the 2 bedroom flats ground floor 2nd block from the end.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.