North Cyprus Tourist Board - magic touch printing experience in north cyprus?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > magic touch printing experience in north cyprus?

magic touch printing experience in north cyprus?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

bondi

Message Posted:
22/10/2008 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Before anyone says "welcome to TRNC ...." when anything surreal or strange occurs -has any member used Magic Touch printers for the production of leaflets and flyers?

I am going home next week so I thought I would take the opportunity, following a recommendation from a well known charity, to use Magic Touch to design and print out c500 flyers for my small business (thank god I didnt ask for anymore!). I went to their main Girne office - opposite Henry Charles estate agents and all seemed to be ok having agreed the art work etc - I was given a price and told that I could pick up from their new shop adjacent to Ezic - I picked up the package (a perfect flyer was affixed so ok I thought)& paid my dues. I opened them up today - all cut on the wonk - poor printing and when I returned them no apology only to say they gave me 100 extra of them to make up for the damage!!! Having expressed my displeasure - they agreed to do them again! I await tomorrow.

rosieposie

Message Posted:
24/10/2008 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

I have had business cards printed with them on several occasions and every single time they have cut them wonky, with black cutting lines showing, and white gaps at the edges! When I complained about it they agreed to let me have them for free. I would not recommend them for any important printing, even though they are cheap, I would prefer to pay slightly more and have them done at a professional printers. The only trouble is finding ones that speak english!

Groucho

Message Posted:
24/10/2008 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

How dare they speak Turkish! What cheek..... I've never heard of people speaking their own language in their own country...

LOL

rosieposie

Message Posted:
24/10/2008 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

lol, yeah, but try explaining to a turkish printers what you want, when you don't speak fluent turkish and they don't speak any english! Could spell disaster!

flightholiday

Message Posted:
24/10/2008 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

I know nothing of Magic Touch but htis story may help explain the comment about the Turkish printers.

One of our suppliers prints a brochure in English in Istanbul. They have a competente Aus. / NZ / UK staff complement as well as of course Turks who produce and proof the work.

They have often sent the final work to the printer (after many proof's etc.) with all the English corrected for grammar, spelling, usage etc. to get the final run "back" with their spelling mistakes corrected by a Turkish printer (not the Turkish names but English spellings). This is bad news when the final print run (which traditionaly goes out last minute) has to be despatched from the printer direct to the English speaking world so Fez only find out when they visit the customers that the English is corrupt.

Ouch, yes it is far easier to have a printer who can speak English and Turkish, maybe even worth spending a little more for them.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
24/10/2008 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Sorry quick reply - no spell checker - one day I'll learn to type and spell!

rosieposie

Message Posted:
24/10/2008 12:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Thats really helpful flightholiday, do you know their contact details? I would be really interested in using them for my printing! Thanks

sydney

Message Posted:
24/10/2008 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Hey, the best place to get works like these done are FREEBIRDS publishing. Turkish and English speaking staff, good quality work, professional and for every kind of budget.

Tel: 0392 815 93 12

Good luck

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.