North Cyprus Tourist Board - Has anyone lost a cat in Malatya?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Has anyone lost a cat in Malatya?

Has anyone lost a cat in Malatya?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

flossie44

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

We have had a brown and white long haired cat (male) hanging around our house for a couple of days. It is friendly but is now very hungry. I have given it a tin of tuna and some chicken which it wolfed down. I cannot look after it as I go home next week. My neighbour thinks it comes from Malatya village. I will take it down in the car if anyone has lost it.

flossie

Marion

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

You don't say where you are flossie, but there are quite a few feral cats in the village, so maybe it has been dumped, or maybe it is looking for someone to love. can';t say I am aware of this one having been seen around, but of course the biggest problem with malatya is that it is mainly Turks who live there and they don't read Cyprus 44. It also makes me wonder whether the puppy dog that was found was from a turkish family.

don'tt know what to suggest Flosie, other than prhaps to bring it to thev illage and leave t and see what happens.

And if your neighbour thinks it is from Malatya vilage -ask why and where they think they have seen it.

flossie44

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Marion,

We are above the village (you have been to our house). I will try and feed the cat up a bit. It is skin and bone. I will then leave it in the village and hope someone will either claim it or feed it. There is nothing else I can do. It is really upsetting to think that there is no real safety net here for these poor animals

flossie

Marion

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 01:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I am being a bit of a thickie here and can't think which is your house. Let me know where you will leave it and I will try to keep an eye. Trouble is I have two cats and my beloved would not entertain any more. I agree with you it is upsetting, but there are hundreds of these. And malatya is not exactly made up of animal lovers!!!!! But at least you are giving the poor thing hope of a life, so who knows. Maybe it is just lost.

flossie44

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 08:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Marion we are the second from the top on the left on the Greatstone site. You came for coffee one day after the floods. You kept me updated when I was in Uk. I will drop cat off when I get a box and will leave some cat food outside new cafe. I appreciate that you can not take it. If everyone took in strays they would end up with dozens.

flossie

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.