North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency-HELP!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency-HELP!

Residency-HELP!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

gudgirl

Message Posted:
23/10/2008 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Please can someone advise me, i am planning on a permanant move to Northern Cyprus and have been told i have to apply for permission to purchase-what does this involve? and then after that must i apply for residency and again how difficult is this and what does it involve and at what cost?

joandjelly

Message Posted:
23/10/2008 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Gudgirl

If you buy a property then as a foreigner you have to seek permission from the authorities to purchase that particular property. It also involves clearance from the Turkish military as they will not allow a foreigner to own a property that is in close proximity to an army camp. You will also have to provide a disclosure document from the police in the UK (if that is where you are from) that confirms whether or not you have any criminal record. Applying for PTP is part of the purchase process and your advocate will do the necessary application on your behalf. You should ask for confirmation of the application number so that you can monitor its progress. You should expect to wait at least 18 months to 2 years for permission to be granted.

If you want to live here permanently then you can apply for temporary residency. If granted, this enables you to stay here for 12 months after which time you have to renew. Continued/...2

joandjelly

Message Posted:
23/10/2008 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Continued...

You can only apply for temporary residency if you have purchased a property (or entered into a sales or rental contract). You will be required to have blood tests and a TB test for your first application. Initial application is done via the Police in Kyrenia and you will need to provide copies of your contract, passport style photographs, a letter from the village Muhtar where you live (confirming your address) and proof that you can support yourself. This is usually a copy of your bank statement. You will also need to give the police the receipt confirming that you have had the blood tests done. The police then forward the information to Immigration in Lefkosa and you will be asked to go there after 3 weeks to get your residency stamp. You will need to take your medical test results (unopened) with you. Payment for residency is made at the Immigration office.

Latest cost details and document requirements can be found at the police station in Kyrenia.

fire starter

Message Posted:
23/10/2008 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

gudgirl

when you get here you have 3 months in which to do the residency bit, start it when you arrive and it will be done in good time.

then follow joandjelly's advice.

if you need any help just come back onto the forum and ask for it.

where are you looking to live? which area?

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
23/10/2008 16:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

And, once you've got your temporary residency, you must apply for your TRNC driving licence within a certain period, sorry,can't remember how long you get, but I'm sure someone else will tell you.

fire starter

Message Posted:
23/10/2008 16:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

i think that is 3 months as well. otherwise if you have an accident it will make your insurance invalid.

something i noticed on mine is that my e.u licence has loads of catagories on it, my new trnc licence has only the car driving one.

can anyone explain?

redgraves

Message Posted:
05/12/2008 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

You have to pay seperately for each catagory, so to have the equivalent trnc licence to your british licence you are talking hundreds of ytl.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.