North Cyprus Tourist Board - New shop for Musicians, in Karakum
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New shop for Musicians, in Karakum

New shop for Musicians, in Karakum

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

elkiton

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Saban (Sherbet) Joe has opened a new music shop in Karakum Girne, left hand side going towards Acapulco, a couple of hundred yards past the first speed camera, opposite the new bank. Joe for those that don't know him is a pro session musician, a bass player who makes a living working with other session guys and function bands. Joe's new shop sells instruments, amplifiers, control boards/effects pedals and a range of spares, sticks, strings, and he has a workshop above the shop where he repairs and mends damaged kit. Besides new stock, he will also sell / part-ex on commission, good used instruments. If you want to book a seriously good band, ask for advice, or just chat with other muso's over coffee then drop in, as Joe will be pleased to see you. - Ask him about Bex's new resonator.

0542 859 6599 Website under construction.

best regards

TonyE

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Tony

Thanks for the heads up on that. I will go have a look on Thursday.

AJ

Riddles

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Bex Marshall played at Hebden Bridge Blues Festival on Saturday ...it's a new, small-ish, festival in West Yorkshire. She went down pretty well.

Although it wasn't really a line-up of 'big -hitters' there were several acts in 'bigger print on the T-shirt' than her (Lance Lopez, Marcus Bonfanti, Chantell McGregor, Paddy Milner, 24 Pesos etc.) That's no disrespect to Bex but it does put the N. Cyprus music scene (Where she's a star) in perspective.

MiketheBike

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Tony, thanks for the info, will call in next time I am passing by. Sorry not to have seen Bex this time, will have to wait until Sept now.

Mike

elkiton

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

I hear she is on the Spirit of 71' stage Glasto, are you going Riddles?

TonyE

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Riddles

Have you done the Efes blues fest in the TRNC yet?

bazzagirl

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

saban our dear friend, a very talented musician that will go more than out of his way to help and please you, this man is so talented and is one of the real brilliant guys in thisworld, he has helped us so much in the past and continues to do so, visit this guy and you are guaranteed a wonderful welcome. God Bless you Saban we love u lots.

Tony and christine X

Riddles

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Glastonbury is a bit of a retro-hippy-paradise for a blues-fan like me, Tony ...

Efes I have been to ....and enjoyed. However, the ban on alcohol-related advertising in Turkey means that there's a real chance that 2010 was the last! (Let's hope not)

a1sysman

Message Posted:
20/08/2011 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

My daughter and I have this past week visited the "Saban Joe" shop in Karakum on a couple of occasions. The free help and advice we received the from Saban and other musicians has been really excellent.

Our purchases were pretty small beer. It mattered not to Saban, he was a real pleasure to do business with.

Highly recommended.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.