North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus Tenancies
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus Tenancies

North Cyprus Tenancies

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Sue1963

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Hi,

I am a very experienced UK Landlord/Property Developer and I have a few rental properties in the TRNC as well as a holiday home.

I have had a tenant in one of my apartments in the TRNC who's tenancy agreement has expired, he has run up considerable arrears, has utility arrears even though we have had the utilities disconnected, has been in Turkey for some time is not responding to any communication from my property management company and my lawyer is telling me the only way to deal with this is to:

1) Take him to court which is very expensive

2) Wait a few months as the law may be changing.

I would like to remove his belongings and have them safely stored, change the locks, pay his utility debts and get a new tenant.

But am being told I cannot access the apartment - this is driving me mad.

Does anyone have any advice or experience of this as I cannot believe that a TRNC citizen would tolerate this.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

I hope, for your sake that the law has changed since this happened to my neighbour, he is a Turkish Cypriot and in the end he paid the people £5k to leave. They owed a lot more than that in rent and his property is being left empty now. (this is a savvy businessman but he could not get them out)

My other neighbours had tenants in their apartment and when the rent stopped they went to the flat to see the people. The tenant tried to slam the door on them and when he put his foot in the door to stop him they called the police and the landlord was arrested along with his wife.

These are English people and the tenants were also English (but they knew the law).

Good luck with this problem I have a feeling you will need it. Actually the police told this neighbour how to get the tenants out but I think thats because both parties were English and did not have the same rights.

Come on Forum members......there must be someone out there with some experience of this situation.

dalartokat

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 22:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Yes there are quite a few, why don't you use the search facility at the top, put in something like "squatters" or something relevant to what you are looking for.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.